Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-04-30 10:34:25

cuc1367334197

host switching layouts stops presenter's share

My presenter is sharing their desktop. When I, as the host, switch the layout, the presenters share is suddenly stopped. Is that normal behavior? I was hoping to to show poll pod questions in a different, more focused, layout, and then switch back.

#2 2013-04-30 10:47:54

alistairlee

Re: host switching layouts stops presenter's share

What you're trying to do is definitely possible.

I'm guessing that the issue is that you're using a different share pod on the second layout.  Here's what I would suggest:
- Rename the share pod on your layout by double-clicking the title - something like "my screenshare"
- Create a new layout by duplicating your screenshare layout
- Confirm that the share pod has the same name. Now you can resize the share pod (if desired), remove other pods, and add your poll questions.

You'll be able to move from one layout to another without interrupting the screenshare. It should be a seamless transition.

#3 2013-04-30 11:10:28

cuc1367334197

something like that was happening. What I did to ensure that sharing did not stop was, as the host, to go into Prepare mode, switch to the new layout and make sure the presenter's share pod was visible and working properly. Then I ended Prepare Mode and was able to switch layouts with an issue. However, the other issue that is associated with this is a bit different and I'll ask that question in a separate post.

Thanks!

#4 2013-04-30 11:39:06

Jorma_at_CoSo

I have confirmed that Alistair's workflow will work. The trick is to ensure that you have the same instance of the share pod in both layouts.

It sounds like you did (since you could see the screen share in prepare mode, so I'm not sure what happened. I even re-sized the share pod so it was different between the layouts, but the screen share remained active between the two layouts.

Board footer