Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-30 01:28:44

**_Matt_Live_**

Connect 9 Add-in for Flash 10.1

Hello.

We use a licensed version of Adobe Connect and Adobe upgraded us to version 9. 
With older versions of Flash you could use the Add-In. 

Why is this not possible now? I cannot see how it qualifies as an upgrade if usage is impossible as a result. 

For us it means we are going to lose business as some of our client users are not able to upgrade their versions of Flash from 10.1 to 10.3.

Is there a simple solution? Surely making the Add-in usable with 10.1 at the next patch?

Please let me know. And please respond to this.

Thank you.

#2 2012-10-31 15:57:37

alistairlee

Re: Connect 9 Add-in for Flash 10.1

Hey Matt,

You can still use the add-in with version 9 of Adobe Connect.

My guess is that you're experiencing an issue with the Google Chrome browser that started recently. This issue is preventing the add-in from launching in a meeting when using Chrome.

We're working on fixing the issue ASAP, but in the meantime, we do have a workaround. Here's a knowledge base article on the subject:
http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb … ility.html

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2012-11-08 02:54:13

**_Matt_Live_**

Hi Alistair

Thanks for your reply, but this is for a client (who we are about to lose if we cannot fix this) who is using Explorer 8.

When they log in, it does not give them the option to use the Add-in. Just says you do not have right version of Flash (they have 10.1 not 10.3).

Is there any way we can get them to be able to access the Add-in?  Ideally as individuals, but if not, as a patch or something from their IT department?

Any ideas gratefully accepted as this is a real pain.

Thanks

Matt
PS: Is your Real Eyes name homage to the Gil Scott-Heron album?! I'm impressed if it is...

#4 2012-11-08 11:10:30

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Have you tried adding /?lighting=true to the room URL? This should do a silent install of the add-in.

The RealEyes name is not an homage to Gil Scott-Heron, just what our Founder liked as a name. Wish I had a better story.

Board footer