Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-23 12:47:44

**_erika_**

How to edit AC9 .flv file using Premiere Pro 6?

I want to edit .flv files from recorded AC9 webinars.  I download the file from AC9 by recording it off-line, which produces an .flv file.  I have Premiere Pro 6, which boasts that it can edit .flv files, but when I import the file there is no audio.

Do I need to install a plugin?

Do I need to convert the .flv file first?  To what file type?  How?

Does anyone know how to edit the AC9 .flv file in Premiere Pro 6?

Thanks,
Erika

#2 2012-10-23 13:39:48

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: How to edit AC9 .flv file using Premiere Pro 6?

Connect uses the NelleyMoser audio Codec, which Premiere doesn't support. You can use a tool like FLV to MP3 to extract the audio from the recording as an MP3 and then use that audio in Premiere.

#3 2012-10-23 16:15:57

**_erika_**

Jorma,
I've extracted the the audio as an MP3, as you suggest, using Flv Crunch (for Mac).  But the resulting audio file is only 28 minutes--way shorter than the video file on the timeline (90 minutes).  Also, neither file plays properly -- just a second or two at a time. 

I understand the need to extract rather than convert video and audio from an flv. Can you suggest a program for the Mac (OS 10.6.8) that will allow me to do that?  I need to edit either in Premiere Pro 6 or in Final Cut Pro 7.

Thanks!
Erika

#4 2012-10-23 17:02:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Here are some suggestions: http://www.applemacvideo.com/howtoconve … 3-mac.html

Odd that the MP3 didn't come out cleanly. It sounds like the recorded FLV may be corrupted.

However, since I'm only a social Mac user at home, I don't have much experience in that side of things.

If you have a screen capture software, that may be a more reliable method of getting a good video capture of the session in whatever video format you need. 

If the capture software doesn't grab the audio, you can download the source files for the recording by adding '/output/name.zip?download=zip' (name the zip whatever you want) to the URL for the recording. In that zip file you will find either a cameraVoip_X_X.flv file or an MP3 audio file containing the audio for the presentation. You should be able to change the file extension to mp3, and it should work if the cameraVoip file is present.

Then use the video editing application of choice to bring the two together.

#5 2012-10-24 17:03:16

**_erika_**

Is no one else trying to edit .flv files created in AC9 using professional video editing software?  I'm trying to splice together two AC9 recordings (the Q&A from a live event, and a re-recorded version of the presentation made on a different date).  I'm actually having trouble getting the video to play in Premiere Pro, regardless of audio. 

What are other AC9 users out there doing in order to edit AC9-generated files?

Thanks,
Erika

Board footer