Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-16 06:37:04

**_ogassav_**

Adobe Connect 9 codecs (RTMFP in particular)

Dear all,

Which codecs does AC9 support please? I am very unhappy with the quality of the built-in Nelly Moser audio and waiting for Adobe to finally implement modern audio transport. I can only dream of H.264, but probably Adobe has realized that RTMFP will work as well, because of its peer-to-peer nature.
Thank you, all!

Last edited by **_ogassav_** (2012-10-16 06:37:38)

#2 2012-10-16 12:37:50

alistairlee

Re: Adobe Connect 9 codecs (RTMFP in particular)

By default the audio codec is still Nelly Moser. You can change the audio codec in 'Preferences' to use Speex. In previous versions of Adobe Connect, this would require attendees use the add-in to attend the meeting. With Adobe Connect 9, the Speex codec is also supported for users attending via flash/browser.

#3 2012-10-16 12:56:06

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That is fantastic news about Speex! Thanks Alistair.

#4 2012-10-18 16:24:14

**_dlehman_**

Don't be too quick to rejoice.  It seems that Speex causes major audio problems - freezes, cutoffs, and sync problems.  I was advised not to use Speex with Connect 9 at all.  I wish they would come out and tell people this.  I see a number of unanswered problems people have that are like mine - audio problems (out of sync, poor quality, gaps in the audio) that get no responses.  Perhaps it is the Speex setting that is the cause.

Board footer