Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-10-10 13:51:33

**_gkreis_**

Copy layouts, pods between 'meeting' and 'training' rooms

I didn't 'get' the model of meeting and training rooms and built a good bit into a meeting room only to discover the engagement meter is only available in virtual training room. (I still don't get why some features are restricted in some rooms, like the engagement meter).

So, is there a reasonable way to get the layouts and pods from a meeting room into a training room?  (I get the idea of templates, but there seems to be a wall between training and meeting shared template folders.  It would be cool to just go into any room, select the things you want to be copied and then just move them over....

#2 2012-10-10 14:00:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Copy layouts, pods between 'meeting' and 'training' rooms

When creating a Virtual classroom, the Template option looks to the Shared Templates and My Templates folder in the Meeting section of Connect. I'm not sure why there is a Shared Templates folder in the Shared Training folder, as it has never tied to anything.

If you need to create a Virtual Classroom that mirrors your Meeting room, just put the meeting room in a Templates folder in the Meeting library, and then you should see the option to use it as a template for a Virtual Classroom. It will replicate all of your pods and content.

#3 2012-10-10 15:46:37

**_gkreis_**

Thanks!  It didn't look like it would work.

I get the feeling that Connect is like this great big old mansion that was added onto over the years.  It is a grand place, but it has some staircases that don't go where you expect, secret passage ways and there are some rooms that you know are there, but you can't figure out how to get to them...  ;-)

All in all, I am impressed with its capabilities, but it is a pretty steep learning curve.  Hats off to Adobe for all the tutorials, online seminars, etc. They kept me from giving up...

#4 2012-10-10 16:04:16

**_gkreis_**

Here is a perfect example.  For grins, I made a Virtual Training room based on a template that I had moved into My Templates in the Meetings areas (a meeting room I had created).  Then, I moved it to the Shared Training folder.  From there, I can't find a way to get back to the My Meeting area to make it a template.  So I guess you can't create a Virtual Training room and then save it as a template in the My Templates area. There seems to be a wall between meetings and training, but you can base a training room on a meeting template, but you can make a training room a template.

Sigh...  I am lost in the this haunted house...  ;-)  I need a visual picture!

#5 2012-10-10 18:15:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Meetings will always live in the Meeting Folder structure. Virtual Classrooms will always live in the Training Folder structure. Nothing can be moved to a different section of Connect.

You can put your Virtual Classroom in the My Training folder or a location within the Shared Training folder.

If you want to have your meeting room back into your Meetings folder, then move the room you placed in the Templates folder back in your Meetings folder.

You can create a meeting room to use as a template for creating Virtual Classrooms. In theory, you could place the VC in the Shared Templates folder in the Shared Training folder, but as I stated, it doesn't seem to look there. Since, functionally, there is almost no difference between a VC and a Meeting room, there shouldn't be any issue with creating a meeting room to use as a template. If needed, placing in the My Templates folder will make it only accessible to you.

I agree that Connect can be confusing sometimes, but like any software, the devil is in the details. Having some official training can go a long way to help navigate the functions and pitfalls of the application.

Board footer