Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-02-15 12:41:08

**_Todd1966_**

General Questions on Presenter

Hi All, I'm a newbie here.  Have a coupld of questions that I couldn't find on the various web pages in adobe.

1) Does Presenter have the capability to allow the user to stop the presentation and return back to that place at a later time? 

2) Is there a capability in Presenter to allow forms to be filled out after certain sections have been viewed?  I'm looking to develop a training on on financial and accounting subject and I'd like the users to be able to fill out a spreadsheet based on the topics covered.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2008-02-21 19:18:38

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Re: General Questions on Presenter

Todd1966 wrote:

Hi All, I'm a newbie here.  Have a coupld of questions that I couldn't find on the various web pages in adobe.

1) Does Presenter have the capability to allow the user to stop the presentation and return back to that place at a later time? 

2) Is there a capability in Presenter to allow forms to be filled out after certain sections have been viewed?  I'm looking to develop a training on on financial and accounting subject and I'd like the users to be able to fill out a spreadsheet based on the topics covered.

Thanks in advance.

(1) YES

(2) Sure - you could send users to a URL that has the spreadsheet once they've hit the last slide. the URL could have your form.

#3 2010-09-28 09:26:30

**_JWalker_**

Can you explain how the user can stop a presentation and return to that place at a later time?  Does it identify with the individual somehow?

#4 2010-09-28 10:59:18

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If the presentation is being delivered by the Training Module of Connect or another LMS, then there is the ability for someone to resume on the last slide that they were looking at.

As content in Connect or on a server, this cannot be done, as the presentation/server doesn't track who is looking at it, and therefore, it doesn't keep track of where someone is in the presentation.

#5 2010-09-28 11:02:57

**_JWalker_**

We'll be doing it in the Training Module of Connect.  That's the only way to maintain a specific user's last viewed spot right?

#6 2010-09-28 11:15:05

**_JWalker_**

We'll be doing it in the Training Module of Connect.  That's the only way to maintain a specific user's last viewed spot right?

#7 2010-09-30 17:42:44

**_AChemey_**

Todd1966,

What do you want to accomplish?  There *may* be other ways to handle "resume" and bookmarking - but if you are using Connect, I'd suggest just using Training and/or Curriculum.

Regards,

Andrew

#8 2010-10-15 10:29:32

**_TechTrainMan_**

Jorma, you stated that it was possible to set up a Presenter module to resume at the last point that the learner viewed before exiting?  Where is that setting?  Our LMS company is saying that it our module isn't doing that (it starts all over again).

#9 2010-10-25 11:10:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The setting is in the Quiz Manager > Reporting tab. There you can select that you report to a SCORM or an AICC LMS. There is an Advanced option on the bottom right of the dialog box. That is where  you can set the Resume Data.

Resume+option.png?download=Resume+option.png

#10 2010-12-07 11:56:32

**_Cary_**

When changes need to be made to the presentation is there a faster way to Publish just those corrections?

#11 2010-12-08 00:09:01

**_Purnima_**

Presenter Publishes entire content. It doesn't publish delta.
Also when you use Connect training module, the last state of user is maintained, i.e if user logs in again ,it will resume.

Last edited by **_Purnima_** (2010-12-08 00:10:16)

#12 2010-12-20 11:40:04

**_billytabor_**

I don't have Presenter yet but may purchase.  Question.  Can the results of a quiz (ie the pass rate say 80%) be saved in a MySQL database table?  Thanks

#13 2010-12-20 16:44:13

**_AChemey_**

billytabor,

If you would like to be able to send results of an Adobe Presenter quiz to MySQL via some kind of scripts (e.g. ASP or PHP or even JavaScript), yes it is possible. 

I have written an article on doing this on this ConnectUsers site.  I have been able to find other articles based on my work on the internet, too.

Regards,

Andrew

#14 2011-03-22 14:17:41

**_sshhll_**

can someone point me to the right direction?
I try to the Jorma's instruction but my presentation doesn't resume where you left off.

Any advice.

why is the Artiular presenter can do that and not the adobe presenter.

Any advice.

Thanks,
S

Board footer