Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-02-04 15:36:29

**_tah75_**

Quiz Manager and setting url to open if passing grade

I want to enable users to retake a quiz if they don't have a passing grade, but if they pass the quiz, then I'd like to redirect them to a specific webpage. I have the failing grade working properly, but am having difficulty with the passing grade option.  When the quiz is passed, the "continue" button on the slide no longer functions and the webpage doesn't open.  However, if you click the "back" button in the skin or even a slide in the "outline," the url opens.  This is not what I expected...I was hoping that the url would either automatically open or the "continue' button would work.  Thoughts?

#2 2011-10-21 09:51:35

**_Blik_**

Re: Quiz Manager and setting url to open if passing grade

I'm having the same problem right now - was there a solution, the OP ist quite old...

I'd like the URL to open as soon as I click on "Continue", maybe even instantly without clicking on "Continue".

Furthermore, I'm not finding information regarding the meaning of the drop down box right next to the "Open URL"-field. I can choose "Current" or "New", but what does that mean? The helpfiles unfortunately don't say anything about this.

I'm using Presenter Version 7.0

Regards
Blick

#3 2011-10-21 10:50:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I know that you do need to have a page following the quiz summary for the Continue button to work. If there is no page then there is nothing for it to continue on to, and thus it won't call to the URL you specify. So verify that is the setup of your presentation.

You could try removing the Continue button (just be aware it will come back if you go back into the quiz manager), and see if that allows the summary slide to progress automatically. Not 100% sure that will work, but worth a try.

The "Current" and "New" options refer to the window that the link will open in. Do you want it to open in the current window or a new window?

Just to verify, you are using Presenter 7.0.6 or 7.0.7? 7.0.0 has a few very unpleasant bugs that tend to undo all your work...

#4 2011-10-21 11:18:37

**_Blik_**

The hint with another slide did indeed work, but now instead of a new website I get an error that hints to something corrupt with my presentation... anyway, will follow up on that,

thanks for the tip!

Blik

Board footer