Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-09-18 07:34:31

**_lorenzogiacomini_**

Unable to set User Role

Hi,
after the Adobe Connect version change I'm facing this strange thing:
when I set an user role to "Host" and the same user logs in the room meeting
it appears between the attendees (with a different color) and not as Host as it should.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Thanks
Lorenzo

#2 2012-09-18 11:25:40

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Unable to set User Role

The participants will display as having a blue shirt (entered as a guest) or an orange shirt (entered with a username and password).

As to them not having the Host roll, it could be a session cookie keeping them at Participant level. Have them close their browser (and the meeting), clear their cache/cookies and come back in. They could also try joining from a different browser to see if that lets them in at the right level.

#3 2012-09-25 15:50:40

**_HunterMozer_**

If you are using integrated audio and the person leaves the connect room but doesn't disconnect their audio, their audio will still appear in the attendees list with a grey person Icon, this grey only audio connection can't be promoted they need to be in on the web as well.

#4 2012-10-01 07:58:38

**_markhandel_**

I am running into the same issue. Although individuals are set up as a host for a specific meeting through the Adobe site, when they go into the meeting, they only show as a participant.

Prior to the update to version 9, individual users on the site were able to be hosts for meetings, if a Named Meeting Host set them up that way. Not, it is not the case.

Is there a way to allow this functionality (users set up as hosts for specific meetings) and not grant them Meeting Host access site-wide?

Thanks,

lorenzogiacomini wrote:

Hi,
after the Adobe Connect version change I'm facing this strange thing:
when I set an user role to "Host" and the same user logs in the room meeting
it appears between the attendees (with a different color) and not as Host as it should.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Thanks
Lorenzo

#5 2012-10-22 14:38:25

**_lorenzogiacomini_**

markhandel wrote:

I am running into the same issue. Although individuals are set up as a host for a specific meeting through the Adobe site, when they go into the meeting, they only show as a participant.

Prior to the update to version 9, individual users on the site were able to be hosts for meetings, if a Named Meeting Host set them up that way. Not, it is not the case.

Is there a way to allow this functionality (users set up as hosts for specific meetings) and not grant them Meeting Host access site-wide?

Thanks,

I'm still facing this problem. I'm starting to think that this change in version only brought problems...

#6 2012-11-02 13:58:10

**_davelees_**

After the Adobe Connect version change to 9 your host restrictions are being enforced so you need to add your host users to the system group "meeting host" and that your resolve your host issues

Last edited by **_davelees_** (2012-11-02 14:02:44)

#7 2012-11-03 04:04:07

**_lorenzogiacomini_**

davelees wrote:

After the Adobe Connect version change to 9 your host restrictions are being enforced so you need to add your host users to the system group "meeting host" and that your resolve your host issues

Thanks for answering.
When I try to do that, I get the following error message:

Operation Failed: Account Limit Reached

#8 2012-11-05 10:55:07

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That is because you already have the maximum number of users in that group. You will need to remove someone from the group to add an additional user.

#9 2012-11-05 11:53:35

**_lorenzogiacomini_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

That is because you already have the maximum number of users in that group. You will need to remove someone from the group to add an additional user.

Ok, but there's only one member in that group. Is one member the maxiumum number?

Thanks
Lorenzo

#10 2012-11-05 12:10:02

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That depends on your licensing. If you look at the account summary page (Landing page for the Administration tab), you will see the licenses available.

If the license should list how many members are available. It sounds like your Meeting license should look something like this:

Meeting

Name Organizer Pricing Model
Meeting Hosts:   1 / 1
Meeting Peak Concurrent Users:   Unlimited (Soft Limit: Unlimited)
Concurrent Users Per Meeting:   100 (Soft Limit: 100)
Burst Pack Minutes (Total Used/Total Purchased):   0 / 0
(Balance:0 - Disabled)

#11 2012-11-05 12:47:42

**_lorenzogiacomini_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

That depends on your licensing. If you look at the account summary page (Landing page for the Administration tab), you will see the licenses available.

If the license should list how many members are available. It sounds like your Meeting license should look something like this:

Meeting

Name Organizer Pricing Model
Meeting Hosts:   1 / 1
Meeting Peak Concurrent Users:   Unlimited (Soft Limit: Unlimited)
Concurrent Users Per Meeting:   100 (Soft Limit: 100)
Burst Pack Minutes (Total Used/Total Purchased):   0 / 0
(Balance:0 - Disabled)

Thanks! You've solved all my doubts.

Lorenzo

Board footer