Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-01-18 18:21:22

**_barry.b_**

published academic papers on Adobe Connect?

Hi all

I'm hunting around for any academic articles, whitepapers, etc published in journals or presented at education conferences (or similar) which feature Adobe Connect.

specifically I'm looking for anything on:

- a common language in describing different room configurations (from "virtual classroom" to "remote teacher" to "onDemand" - you get the idea...)
- an analysis of the effectiveness of each configuration, points to consider, pitfalls, etc.
- an anlaysis of the tools used (whiteboard, chat, etc)
- comparisons with face-to-face training
- Connect delivery in conjunction with face to face teaching.

I'm looking at this in two areas:
- higher education (universities, etc)
- skills training (vocational education and training)

I've come across one or two, but that's all and they're getting a bit dated and only touch on a few areas.

anyone seen these?
anyone published similar?

many thanks
barry.b

#2 2008-01-22 11:39:32

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: published academic papers on Adobe Connect?

Barry,

I would be happy to sit down and work out the answers to your questions if you like. I have not seen the document you are looking for come across my desk at this point. However, if you are looking for some information about how this product is utilized in higher education, I would get a hold of the Adobe Rep for Education, or get in contact with a couple of schools that use Connect for their distance learning.

For example Academy of Art University (www.academyart.edu) or University of North Dakota (www.und.edu)

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to email me.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2008-01-22 15:45:38

**_barry.b_**

well, to give credit where credit is due...

Phillip Roy at Massey University in New Zealand has been featured by the local Connect reps in my region:

http://breeze.webqem.com/p50176839/
www.adobe.com/showcase/casestudies/massey/casestudy.pdf

but Phillip freely admits that taking it further and formally publishing anything on the topic takes time he just doesn't have at the moment...

#4 2008-01-29 16:44:38

**_philip.roy_**

Thanks Barry...I'm hoping as I get near the end of my Masters, that I'll focus on web-based conferencing.

Anyway, I gave Barry a list of a few papers that are Breeze/Connect related (as in Breeze/Connect are mentioned and used within the research), so I thought maybe this thread would be a great place to start a list. Here's my contribution and I would welcome anyone else listing here.

Cheers, Phil

---------------------

Bower, M. (2006). Virtual classroom pedagogy. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 37th SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer science education.

Bower, M., & Richards, D. (2005a). Self-Paced Lectures. Paper presented at the Web-based Education. from http://www.actapress.com/PaperInfo.aspx … reason=500.

Bower, M., & Richards, D. (2005b). The impact of virtual classroom laboratories in CSE. SIGCSE Bull., 37(1), 292-296.
Foreman, J., & Jenkins, R. (2005). Full-featured Web conferencing systems. Innovate, 1(4).

Gribble, A. M. (2006). Using macromedia breeze in an advanced web development course delivered to face-to-face and distance students. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 5th IASTED international conference on Web-based education.

Moss, N. (2004). Incorporating a Rich Media Presentation Format into a Lecture-Based Course Structure. Innovate, 1(2).

Schullo, S., Hilbelink, A., Venable, M., & Barron, A. E. (2007). Selecting a Virtual Classroom System: Elluminate Live vs. Macromedia Breeze (Adobe Acrobat Connect Professional). MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 3(4).

Board footer