Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-07-25 13:49:57

**_irfant_**

Meeting Deletion via API Calls: Only Original Creator/Host Deletion

Hi,
I have a php application which uses API calls to delete Meetings. Problem is that if a Meeting has multiple Hosts assigned (added by the original Host) then they too could click on a 'Delete' button besides the Meetings list in Connect Central and able to delete Meetings. We want to prevent that from happening.
The Delete button is displayed because of some customization inside the meetings.xsl file. Here is the code:
----------------------------------
<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="@permission-id='host'">
    <xsl:call-template name="button">
      <xsl:with-param name="title" select="'delete'"/><xsl:with-param name="href"
select="concat('javascript:showContent(',$q,'http://blahblah.edu/adobeconnecttesting/usermeetings.php?
',@sco-id,$q,', false, ', $q,$q,', 640, 480)')"/><xsl:with-param name="style2" select="'padding: 0px 5px 0px 5px !
important;'"/></xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>
-----------------------------
as you can see, I can pass the sco-id of the Meeting; I need to be able to pass the principal-id of the currently logged in user along with the sco-id of the Meeting but I don't know how.

Any idea?
Thanks!

------------------------------------

#2 2012-07-31 08:35:11

**_irfant_**

Re: Meeting Deletion via API Calls: Only Original Creator/Host Deletion

Figured out a solution, using kind of a hacked way. In the Meetings.xsl file, here is the modified 'href' tag:
<xsl:with-param name="href"
select="concat('javascript:showContent(',$q,'http:/xxxx.edu/adobeconnecttesting/deletemeetingorig
inalhost.php?
',/results/common/user/@user-id,@permission-id,@sco-id,$q,', false, ', $q,$q,', 640, 480)')"/>

this will pass on the logged in principal-id, permission id (which will be 'host'), and the sco-id of the Meeting. Then, in php, grab the correct values by splitting on the 'host' string.

Works.

Board footer