Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-06-29 05:24:19

**_vinix_**

Using Camcarder for Sharing video get freeze after resizing pod

I'm using a sony camcorder conected to a capture card using HDMI to share video in Connect 8 (Hosted Service). Recently I found that when I try to make the video pod larger, the video will freeze after a few seconds on both host and participant PC. I have to make the pod smaller than 200x200 to make video play again. Even if the playback is normal, the output quality is very low, and I also noticed that the upload speed is about 2xxKB/s under this condition.

Is there anyone have this issue? How to solve it?

Last edited by **_vinix_** (2012-06-29 05:28:11)

#2 2012-06-30 05:05:44

**_jamesbooth_**

Re: Using Camcarder for Sharing video get freeze after resizing pod

sounds like the HDMI / Capture card drivers are struggling to dynamically adjust the image sizing, have you updated them recently?

I would also ensure that the image type, size and frame rates are low enough for Connect (/ flash) to handle... and ensure that your room preferences match this (nb. bandwidth setting also alters max possible image size and frame rates).

you can play HD video using a share pod (F4V files) - but - remember that Connect is not a HD broadcasting tool when using the camera pod - it's built for "webcams"

we normally set the resolution / image type outside of Connect for such feeds (using software like AMCap or whatever came with the camera).

another potential solution could be Master Video Control custom pod.
or
- we have used DVDRIVER app' in the past to capture camera feeds that Connect didn't like natively...

Last edited by **_jamesbooth_** (2012-06-30 05:06:40)

#3 2012-07-27 11:37:07

**_henriquecrmpr_**

I

#4 2012-08-03 03:40:42

**_snikhil_**

Hi Vinix,

i think it will improve or video will not freeze when you change the quality of video from  :
Preferences --> video to medium i:e 320*240.
Hope it helps.

#5 2012-08-03 07:01:01

**_vinix_**

snikhil wrote:

Hi Vinix,

i think it will improve or video will not freeze when you change the quality of video from  :
Preferences --> video to medium i:e 320*240.
Hope it helps.

Yes, it will improve a little bit. But the quality is not acceptable.

Last edited by **_vinix_** (2012-08-03 07:01:22)

Board footer