Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-11-23 20:27:24

**_mark2741_**

Anyone able to get tracking without using Connect Presenter?

I'm amazed I can't seem to find an example anywhere on the web of a content package (AICC) that will work with Adobe Connect Training, with the exception of one published from PowerPoint/Presenter plug-in. Has anyone created their courseware/navigation fully in flash (or I guess in html) and been able to send tracking data to the Connect server?

I've tried a number of ideas but can't seem to get anything to work. I'm not very familiar with AICC and of course there are very few free tools out there that publish to AICC (SCORM on the other hand is ubiquitous). The one free tool that will publish to AICC (CourseLab) is not of any help because it publishes a true AICC content package and Connect won't even accept that as uploadable content. I went in and tried rearranging/naming and putting an index.html on the root of the package but still no luck.

*Any* help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated. Call me a control freak but I just don't want anything to do with Connect Presenter/PowerPoint and want to be able to do everything via the Flash IDE.

#2 2007-11-24 02:18:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Anyone able to get tracking without using Connect Presenter?

The Connect Training module is a *light* LMS intended to be used with other Adobe products (Presenter, Captivate) to collect data from those end products. I suppose you could look at the files produced with a Presenter presentation and find the file that manages the reports and see if you could replicate that in a useful manner, but if you want full LMS functionality, then you will probably need to look into purchasing a AICC or SCORM system.

Jorma@RealEyes

#3 2007-11-28 13:24:30

**_janet_**

We are also trying to use Flash content and track it using Connect Training.  Any news on this topic?

#4 2007-11-28 13:32:27

**_mark2741_**

I tried my best but couldn't find any info on getting flash content to work with Connect Training. There is almost certainly a way to do it, but unfortunately I'm just not familiar enough with AICC and, more importantly, Connect's rather odd implementation of the AICC standard.

After my original post I searched and found a free tool that builds and packages AICC courseware (it's called CourseLab). Not that I wanted to use CourseLab, but I figured I'd get an idea on how it works with Connect. However, Connect won't even accept standard AICC content when trying to upload it. Connect requires an index.html in all zip packages, however this is not part of the AICC standard.

Next step is to publish out of Connect Presenter powerpoint plugin and see the resulting javascript/frameset and try to make sense out of it. I'm a flash guy, so javascript and html ain't my thing, but that seems to be the only way at this point.

#5 2007-11-28 14:21:13

**_janet_**

We had a glimmer of hope publishing with and AICC plug-in in Dreamweaver - we will let you know how it goes.

Let us know if you uncover any other good ideas.

#6 2008-05-11 20:30:31

**_mark2741_**

Well...I haven't bothered exploring this issue further until this past weekend after *finally* getting the bad news that I have to use Connect as our sole 'LMS' for our elearning program.

I plan on using FlashForm (the rapidintake.com tool) as the course authoring toolset instead of PowerPoint (which I loathe). FlashForm publishes to AICC but like I mentioned previously, Connect doesn't seem to accept any 3rd-party AICC content. I am going to call Adobe Support this week but I was hoping perhaps there might be someone who has gotten a 3rd-party AICC content package working in Connect so that it tracks scores as well as just complete/incomplete?

#7 2008-07-24 13:03:06

**_rfrancis_**

I'm just started down the path of finding a solution to this very issue.

Did you actually reach out to Adobe and receive any useful assistance?

#8 2008-07-24 14:02:45

**_mark2741_**

No, I didn't as I've been swamped with other projects. If you call them and get anywhere (I'm not holding out hope or else I would have called by now) then please let us know.

mark

#9 2008-08-27 15:09:02

**_dyun_**

Some resources for you all.  I am trying to get these updated for the latest release, but I talked to our eLearning standards integration developer and they say all of this content is still accurate.

You'll find tutorials on these topics:
Publishing Flash Quiz Template Content to Macromedia Breeze Training
Creating AICC Content for Breeze Training
Using Authorware with Breeze 5
Using Breeze Training with NETg Content

http://www.adobe.com/resources/breeze/training/

#10 2009-01-06 15:53:05

**_AChemey_**

Mark, et al...

I'm sorry I haven't been an active participant of the Connect Users forums community.  I didn't see this post (or you could have just asked me, directly)  :)

While you could use the Flash Learning Interactions and the Quiz templates "as-is".  I don't recommend them.  There are other solutions to employ.

I have just posted a number of articles in the Tutorials section of ConnectUsers.com.  This includes:

SCORM-to-Connect tracking: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php
HTML-to-Connect tracking: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php
Authorware-to-Connect tracking: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php
Flash-to-Connect tracking: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/ 

These are in addition to my articles on Adobe.com on getting Captivate, Presenter files to track to an LMS and building content for Adobe Connect (though at the time it was Breeze). 

Regards,

Andrew

Board footer