Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-16 11:35:54

**_asa_**

Locked Navigation

Is ther a way to "lock" the navigation so that the viewer cannot advance to the next slide until the current slide has completed?

Thanks

#2 2007-10-16 17:04:36

**_JasonShaeffer_**

Re: Locked Navigation

So you want to disable the play controls ?

#3 2008-05-21 11:55:22

**_kathita_**

Yes , there is a feature to lock a slide in Presenter 7 which doesn't let user advance to next slide until current slide has been viewed .

Last edited by **_kathita_** (2008-05-21 11:55:57)

#4 2008-05-23 04:59:47

**_Ankur_**

Go to Adobe Presenter->Slide manager and select "Yes" in "Lock Slide" combobox for the slide which you want to lock.

Users will have to view the complete slide as controls for navigating forward/backward would be disabled.

#5 2008-08-05 11:40:20

**_robert.l.mann_**

This is a great new feature. But is there a way to customize the lock icon that appears on every "locked" slide? ...similar to changing the Adobe logo icon???

#6 2008-08-05 15:36:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I agree, has anyone figured out how to remove this icon from the slides when they are locked?

#7 2009-07-14 14:22:14

**_robert.l.mann_**

The lock slide feature implies that slides should not be locked in review mode. Is this inherent or is there a setting to apply this behavior?

#8 2009-07-14 14:30:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

In review mode the presentation will be locked, because you are telling Presenter to lock navigation away from the slide the first time it is viewed after being launched. If someone watches the presentation in review mode, they must launch the presentation, thus locking the slides until they have been viewed.

If you want to have a different presentation without the locked slides, you can offer a link to that after they view the training presentation. In fact you could, using the training module, as you imply that you have, create a curriculum that has the presentation that is locked for the first item and the unlocked presentation for the second so you can control when the user gets to see the unlocked presentation and you can validate who is looking at it.

#9 2009-07-14 15:19:51

**_robert.l.mann_**

I guess my point is - if I want to have users review in" review mode", they should be able to navigate freely to specific slides that are addressing their need to review.

I have never been a fan of the Curriculum since Adobe did not get it right the first time. I am wondering if this is a common complaint amongst other developers and whether Adobe plans on allowing what I have described above.

Board footer