Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-04-20 11:12:14

**_cformosa4_**

LDAP Capabilities?

Hi Everyone,

I had a meeting with our web developer yesterday and he is hoping to get some information from me regarding Adobe Connect 8's LDAP capabilities.

We are hoping to link our shopping cart software to Adobe Connect with LDAP. I am just wondering if you know if Adobe if able to pull data or if we will have to push data to Adobe Connect.

I am also wondering if Adobe's primary key is tied to the username/email or if it is some other unique identifier?  For example Connect may use the user tables row count (ie: u74).  Our web developer is betting that it's tired to username/email, but if anyone knows, please feel free to share your knowledge.

I am not sure I may be missing some details in order to answer the question, if so, please ask :)

Thanks a million for your help!

#2 2012-04-20 11:57:55

alistairlee

Re: LDAP Capabilities?

Welcome to the community.

The on-premise and managed services offering of Adobe Connect have built-in tools to fully integrate your LDAP directory.  If you're using the hosted offering, it will be more of a manual import/export process.

The primary key is typically the user's email address - but this isn't necessary.  You can use whichever unique identifier you'd like.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2012-04-20 12:39:33

**_cformosa4_**

Re: LDAP Capabilities?

Alistairlee,

Thank you for your quick response -- this is extremely helpful for me!

Cheers!

Board footer