Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-26 05:07:04

**_Blik_**

How to increase max resolution of video?

Hi there,

a simple question:

How can I increase the resolution of a video-stream (or all streams for that matter)?

I don't mean selecting "high quality" vs. "fast images" at the camera pod, I also don't mean using a videocamera vs. a cheap webcam. For some purposes, I just need the best video quality available, so, just for the sake of argument, how could I set the video-resolution to 720x480?

And, by the way, what IS the current max resolution anyway? I couldn't find any definite statement for that...

I'm having an own server here within a company intranet with highspeed-connection, so bandwidth is no issue here. (The server can be equipped with all CPU-Power and RAM it would need.)

Regards
Blik

#2 2007-09-26 10:33:19

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: How to increase max resolution of video?

With the way the camera and voice pod is set up there is no way to improve the resolution of that video stream. Here at RealEyes Media we are working on a custom video pod. The video comes from a FMS so there are the limitations with that but I will ask our developers and see if resolution settings are possible. Email me if want more details on the custom video app and I'll let you know if the resolution settings are possible here.

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-09-26 14:52:33

**_Str4ta_**

We also are looking to increase our video. Someone suggested the use of a video capture card. Specifically an Osprey card from Viewcast. This might imporve the signal.

Has anyone else tried this idea?

#4 2007-09-27 17:18:14

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

If you want the highest quality video streams you will probably need to do that outside of the Connect Meeting environment because Adobe still does not allow the use of the latest codecs for video content in meetings.

That means you'll never be able to get fullscreen high-quality video even with a big pipe.

You can however, pop a browser window from within a meeting using the Web Links pod that points to a video stream which could contain either live or recorded content. Our RefinedVideo product is a great solution for this if all of the content is pre-recorded. (details and a free trial are available here.

It's got very little to do with the quality of the video you can capture and everything to do with the limitations of what ConnectPro can braodcast.

Terry

#5 2007-09-28 00:43:24

**_Blik_**

Thanks for all of your replies, and maybe I get back to your offers, especially the custom video pod sounds intreaging.

My understanding was that since Connect 6 SP3 is Flash 8-based, the On2-Codec could be used.

Regardless of the codec, though, my hope was/is, that I can somehow command the server to pipe through a stream with higher resolution.

Regards
Blik

#6 2007-09-28 09:43:37

cucadmin

You are correct - the new Service Pack 3 does now support the On2 codec included with Flash Player 8.

You should see increased performance with the camera pod.  Also, be sure to click the options on the pod to increase the quality.  Select 'High Quality' or 'High Bandwidth' if it's available.  Note that the last option needs to be turned on at the account level - so it may not be visible to all users.

hbandwidth.png

Blik wrote:

Thanks for all of your replies, and maybe I get back to your offers, especially the custom video pod sounds intreaging.

My understanding was that since Connect 6 SP3 is Flash 8-based, the On2-Codec could be used.

Regardless of the codec, though, my hope was/is, that I can somehow command the server to pipe through a stream with higher resolution.

Regards
Blik

#7 2007-10-03 13:52:57

**_lbarzin_**

Can someone submit a bit more detail on "High Bandwidth"? I am the admin for my group and I don't see this option. Does Adobe have to enable it in a hosted environment?

Last edited by **_lbarzin_** (2007-10-03 13:53:26)

#8 2009-04-04 11:25:35

**_idavidson_**

Master Video Control is a Connect content add-in that lets you adjust resolution, frame rate, and video quality while letting you closely monitor bandwidth. It's also a good way to see what output you are getting from your default Connect settings.

http://ed-apps.com

#9 2009-04-09 07:37:35

**_JJ_**

idavidson wrote:

Master Video Control is a Connect content add-in that lets you adjust resolution, frame rate, and video quality while letting you closely monitor bandwidth. It's also a good way to see what output you are getting from your default Connect settings.

http://ed-apps.com

I downloaded a trial of this Master Video Control and it was very nice. I was able use high resolution (932 x 720) with logitech pro 9000 webcam. Okay fps dropped below 10 and bandwith was 1 - 3 mbit/s, but the picture was great :)

#10 2009-04-09 15:03:37

**_gajett_**

cucadmin wrote:

You are correct - the new Service Pack 3 does now support the On2 codec included with Flash Player 8.

Service pack 3??
Where's the updater for us licensed folks?  If you meant SP2, how do I turn on that option.  I have full admin rights.

Thanks,

Greg

#11 2009-04-09 16:20:49

**_dyun_**

Hi Greg,

If you look back to the date of the "SP3" post, it was back in 2007, when Connect 6 Sp3 was released and it somehow made a comeback...so this support has been carried forward ever since (including CP7, 7 Sp1, 7 SP2).

Are you a hosted or on prem customer?  If hosted, you have to ask support to turn on the High Bandwidth option for your account.

Best,
David

#12 2009-04-09 16:27:38

**_dyun_**

oh just re-read your last post that you are on prem...let me find out what setting you need to change (I think its in the config files somewhere) and I'll post here when I find out.

Also for those who are interested in this topic and looking for more technical info, check out this tutorial posted in November of last year:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2008/11/omp3/

#13 2009-04-10 07:45:55

**_gajett_**

thanks david!  searching the KB now, no luck so far.... please post if you find the answer!

Greg

#14 2009-04-10 08:43:31

**_santhony_**

lbarzin wrote:

Can someone submit a bit more detail on "High Bandwidth"? I am the admin for my group and I don't see this option. Does Adobe have to enable it in a hosted environment?

I could be wrong, but I do not believe hosted offers this option, at least by default.

#15 2009-04-10 12:05:52

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

santhony wrote:
lbarzin wrote:

I could be wrong, but I do not believe hosted offers this option, at least by default.

Correct. Having 'High Bandwidth' implemented to your Hosted Connect Pro deployment must be specially requested from Adobe.

I hope that helps!

Last edited by **_Jeff_at_RealEyes_** (2009-04-10 12:06:03)

Board footer