Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-09-18 19:48:10

**_datapusher_**

Streaminv Video Back and Forth

I have the software and am ready to go.

My project neds to be between 2 cities.  Each meeting will be held in an auditorium in their respective city.

Auditorium 2 needs to be able to see and interact with Auditorium 1.
Auditorium 1 needs to be able to see and interact with Auditorium 1.

And whoever logs on via the internet will need to be able to watch both cities interactibg.

how do i go about doing this?  What is needed?  We already hav Adobe Connect and are ready to go, but where to go from here is anyones guess.

#2 2007-09-19 11:57:07

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Streaminv Video Back and Forth

It seems like to have the video and audio for both place running at the same time, and for everyone to be able to see it, whether in the auditorium or just online, you will need the following.

A Decent digital camera with fire wire, preferred, or USB 2.0 connection, for each auditorium. This can face out to everyone in the auditorium and will broadcast a nice image.

A good microphone will capture the audio for the auditorium. This will probably have to be a professional quality so you may be looking at $100+ for the right mic.

Also, for each Auditorium have a dedicated computer for connect, and maybe have it hooked up to a projector so the people in that auditorium  can see what everyone else is seeing.

Anyone else who joins in the room online will be able to interact, and if they have a webcam and/or microphone on their computer, they will be able to have video and audio in the room as well.

Email me if you have more questions

Jorma_at_RealEyes

#3 2007-09-19 14:57:53

**_datapusher_**

Actually i get how hardware side works up unto the firewire port and will (hopefully) have little problem setting this up.

my concern is how do i accomplish this in the software itself?  A step by step would be great, or do I just press the camera button and go?

Last edited by **_datapusher_** (2007-09-19 15:04:30)

#4 2007-09-20 09:55:20

alistairlee

You should be able to click on the camera icon and have the camera start automatically (it will first prompt you to make sure you want to allow this).

The only difficulty that may arise is if you have more than one camera set up on your system.  In that case, you will have to tell Connect which camera to use.

1. Select Meeting > Select Camera from the Menu bar.

An Adobe Flash Player Settings window opens, with the Camera tab selected.
   2. Select the camera that you want to use from the Camera pop‑up menu.
      Note: If no camera is connected, a No Camera Found message appears instead of the Camera pop‑up menu.
   3. Click Close.

If the camera is setup on your system, but Connect can't see it, make sure that there's not another application open on your system using it.  Typically, only one application can use the camera at a time.

#5 2007-09-20 12:15:38

**_datapusher_**

####, just realized, it's been a while since I've worked on macs.  How the heck am I supposed to install a firewire camera on a mac?

#6 2007-09-20 14:23:36

alistairlee

datapusher wrote:

####, just realized, it's been a while since I've worked on macs.  How the heck am I supposed to install a firewire camera on a mac?

I believe you should be able to just plug it in and turn it on.  If you're using a mac with the built-in iSight, you will have to let Connect know which camera you want to use.

#7 2007-09-21 13:03:52

**_Hotdog_**

I would recommend that a meeting between 2 auditoriums full of people be moderated with a host controlling the microphones. Everyone will have a much better experience, and the moderator can also answer questions using a Q&A chat pod to the others who login - deciding when to answer pubicly vs privately or not at all.

Want a demo?

Board footer