Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-24 13:59:20

**_thomasattrp_**

Connect Tube Won't Play for Participants

Connect Tube plays beautifully for me in my meeting room. It won't play a YouTube video for participants, however.   Started a YT video and participants saw nothing. Started again after hitting sync button and still no participant video.  Blank screen.

How do i set up Connect Tube so that participants can see what I play?  Web site says I should be able to do that: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconn … iewer.html

Thomas

Last edited by **_thomasattrp_** (2012-02-24 14:00:03)

#2 2012-02-28 12:35:20

**_CCWWW_**

Re: Connect Tube Won't Play for Participants

You downloaded this file.  Then you open it in a share pod.  Then from the "Connect You Viewer" you search for a video.  You don't just download the file and then go to YouTube.com. 

The only problems we have had is if the host didn't have the "sync" buttom greyed out.

#3 2012-03-04 08:35:50

**_kkorostoff_**

I am having trouble getting this to work too. I see this was resolved but I cannot find any option to"Connect You Viewer" so that I can you search for a video. 

Where is that option? I have searched to Connect menus and do not see anything like that. Thanks.

#4 2012-03-05 14:55:48

**_CCWWW_**

Download the file above.  It is a .SWF file called ConnectTube.  Open a Adobe COnnect meeting.  In the share pod>share my screen> share document> browse my computer and pull up the connecttube.swf file.

#5 2012-03-07 12:43:06

**_ppearson_**

I too confess this ConnectTube module is not working for me.
1. I run Connect 8.0
2. I downloaded the above ConnectTube .swf and I uploaded it into my room (content folder)
3. When I open my room, I open a share pod and select the Connect Tube file (again, in shared content)
   3a I also tried opening the .swf from a Share>Documents and selected it from my hard drive rather than off the shared content folder on my ConnectPro Server.
4. When the module opens I paste in a long-link from YouTube.
5. The name of the video correctly appears in the pod on the right side. I select the title and see the first image of the video in the play area.
6. I select the "Play" button. It plays correctly for me (audio and video)
7. HOWEVER, my participants only see a pod with the "play, pause, stop" button.

I have tried clicking the sync button-b I am unsure which is the correct setting. "light grey" as unselected therefore not synced? or  Dark grey which means the video should play at the same rate for all participants (synced).

This is such a great little module I would really like to see it working correctly. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you! Penny

Last edited by **_ppearson_** (2012-03-07 12:43:30)

#6 2012-03-08 04:49:19

**_thomasattrp_**

Same problem. Though sometimes it will play for participants and sometimes not. I am hosted.

#7 2012-03-08 13:18:51

**_CCWWW_**

I am not sure but I think it can only plays videos that are Flash based- .swf, flv, mp4.  So, if you are typing in an address on youtube the video may be a format that Connect can't play.

Last edited by **_CCWWW_** (2012-03-08 13:36:22)

#8 2012-03-09 10:49:18

**_rhagearty_**

PPearson, just to clarify. Are you pressing the play on the Youtube video or are you using the Play control at the bottom (Play, Pause Stop) ?

#9 2012-09-20 11:31:25

**_DawnAristorenas_**

The file plays locally on the user's machine correct?  Could it be that their connection is too slow?  Or if youtube is retricted on their machine (because at some point our network would not allow us to access youtube) will the video still play?  I don't know, just throwing this out there for discussion.

And this is my first time on this forum.  I had trouble using the connect tube pod and found out I just had to maximize the pod so I can see the field to search for the video along with the buttons to control the video.

Board footer