Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-02-24 12:31:13

**_Crozzer_**

Is this Forum a waste of time !!

Cant help noticing theres hardly any "accepted solutions" going on in this forum. The lack of green highlights  this fact. Is anyone monitoring this forum??

#2 2012-02-24 13:23:32

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Is this Forum a waste of time !!

It's up to the original poster to highlight an accepted solution, not to the people providing the assistance on the forums.

#3 2012-02-24 14:32:58

**_Crozzer_**

I take your point, but when I look through the posts I hardly find any answers to the questions raised. In fact theres a great number without any replies although high numbers of views which raises my question once again " is this Forum a waste of time".

#4 2012-02-24 14:46:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I guess your interpretation for the information provided her is your call to make. There is no promise of answers or support here. For the most part, this is just a place for users to talk about issues and help each other find possible resolutions. Any interaction from the Connect Product Team or Support is voluntary and on their time.

The forums are monitored, and we have many active users. We work hard to keep the spam out and the discussions relevant to user needs. If you don't find an answer to your questions feel free to post them. If you don't get a response it is likely because no one here has an answer. You can always try looking at http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobeconnect and see if your answers lie there. That forum is much less used and is more subject to people asking questions about irrelevant products, and it is not really moderated by anyone.

If there is a way that we can make this forum more useful, fell free to put your suggestions here, http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … .php?id=45, where the administrators of this site can see it.

#5 2012-02-24 16:03:08

**_Crozzer_**

Your line on the Connect Product Team/support is voluntary troubles me greatly. I work for an organisation that has invested a great deal of money in Adobe Connect, Captivate and Presenter along with each year purchasing platinum support (5 years). So to find this forum is NOT supported directly by Adobe is astonishing to say the least. The purchase of the platinum support each year is purely for the upgrades to Connect, I give up along time ago seeking help from them regarding any software problems hence, my posts for help on this forum. Your suggestion I seek my answers elsewhere suggest you do not wish me to part of this community and so I will seek my answers from another source and unsubscribe from Adobe Connect User

#6 2012-02-24 16:41:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Now, let's be clear. I never said that you are not wanted to be a part of this community. I know you have been an active member here for quite some time, and I hope you have had some positive experiences from it. I know we have interacted through the forums, and, looking back, it seems we have been able to get answers to most of your questions. I was merely giving an option of other places to look if we didn't have your answers here.

This forum is supported and run by Adobe. Alistair Lee is "the" admin for this site and he does work for Adobe. However, Adobe's intention is not to have this as a support portal. It is intended to be a resource that grows organically with the users of Connect and their experiences that they are willing to share. Access to or interaction with this forum is not part of any purchased or provided support plan from Adobe.

I understand your frustrations with Adobe Support. I have many clients that hit walls with them on every level, and I wish that something would be done to bring it back to the level it was prior to it moving off shore. I'm sure it can be done, but there is a lot of work on Adobe's end to make that happen. The best way that I have found to get a timely resolution with Support is to be the squeaky wheel. I don't bother starting tickets via email, as a phone call gets the process started, and a named contact at Adobe that I can reference. If needed, I'll keep calling. With Platinum support this isn't as big of a problem. 8 times out of 10 I can get my issue resolved within the first phone call, at least in my experience.

More than anything I just want to make sure you understand why we are here as a community. We don't have all the answers, but we do try to help.

Sorry if you feel that you have not had that experience.

Board footer