Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-24 15:06:17

**_SusanMac_**

Event Module: Users vs Guests

Hello -- I am having an issue with a class that someone in my organization set-up and I am trying to figure out the issue with.

Under Admin>Account>Edit Info, my overall account is set to: All users created through event form are guests.

So - my trainer sets up an invite-only Event, and the registration form of course goes to my system default that all users created through event forms are guests.  She has associated a meeting with that.  When setting up the meeting, she has the standard 3 choices for Access:

1. only registered guests may enter room (guest access is blocked)
-  When she uses this option, no one that used our event module to sign up can enter the room  Would the reason be because the system recognizes them as guests?

2.  Only registered users and accepted guests can enter the room
-  It appears that with this option, folks that have used the event module can only get in with her accepting them.  This is problematic when there is one presenter and people showing up late - we find that we don't always get everyone's little pop-up that they are waiting.   

3.  Anyone who has the url for the meeting can enter the room
-  We have not used this option because it sounds like anyone could enter - and we want only people who have registered through our event module to attend these invite-only meetings.

Is it true then that our system default just does not play well with our Access options?  We want people to sign up for a class, and be able to sign in and land directly in the room without us accpeting them.  What would the repurcussions be if I make all Users created throug the guest form full connect users?  It seems like this would fix my problem... but not sure why there are even 2 options available... what is the different between a  'guest'  and a 'full connect user'.

I hope my question makes sense, we are quite stumped as to what is happening with these meetings.

#2 2012-01-24 15:44:49

alistairlee

Re: Event Module: Users vs Guests

Your question makes sense and hopefully I can provide some answers.

As far as I know, there isn't a huge difference between 'Guests' and standard users who don't belong to any groups.  Adobe Connect gives you the option to keep them separate so you don't muddy up your user database with external users.  You can also change the setting to register everyone as a full user if this is a better option.

When you create an event that uses a meeting room, the event registrants (whether users or guests) are automatically added to that meeting room as participants.  Assuming they've logged in, they should automatically pop into the meeting room regardless of which access option you've chosen.

It sounds like in your case you have a different meeting that's not associated with an event.  In this case, the users are still in your system (either as guests or full users) but they haven't been added to the meeting.

It's an easy fix.  Click on the meeting name from Adobe Connect Central (the web interface) and choose 'Permissions'.  Here you should see a list of people invited to the meeting and their role.  Click to add a user and select the event group  that was created when you created your previous event.  The default role of participant should work.

By doing this, anyone who logs in should pop into your new meeting automatically regardless of how you set your access permissions.

Board footer