Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-14 21:58:56

**_joefoxman_**

When to hide pod?

I am hiding the pod in the caughtUp syncConnector event. This causes the pod to show quickly and then hide for the participants that are not Owners. Is there a better way to just not show the pod after init?  I tried to hide the pod in the onCreationComplete event but the Role is null at this time.

Thanks for any help

Joey Fox

#2 2012-01-15 08:42:31

alistairlee

Re: When to hide pod?

I think the caughtUp function probably works best - but you could set the default state to invisible and only show the pod to hosts on caughtUp instead of the other way around (hiding it for participants). 

That might prevent the flicker participants see.

#3 2012-01-17 09:09:11

**_joefoxman_**

I tried to put the visiblity in the init event but it still flickers for the users
private function init():void{
   syncConnector.podVisible = false;
}

Is there another place you recomment I put this code to avoid the flicker?

#4 2012-01-17 11:10:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Would using the Presenter Only Area work? That way you have your custom application in an area of the room that is only visible to Presenters and Hosts. Participants would never have any knowledge of what is going on there.

#5 2012-01-17 12:27:27

**_joefoxman_**

That works but still causes the Flicker. The other issue is that the presenter might forget to enable the presenter area and not put the pod in there. This is a solution but relies on the user (Presenter) to actually do something.

#6 2012-01-17 12:39:47

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The host of the room is the one who can enable/disable the POA. If it is enabled, then all individual in the room at the Presenter and Host level should see that area. You can even have this area active in template rooms, to ensure that rooms created from it would have that area active (and the custom pod in it).

If the person running the room didn't see the POA, in this scenario, then it would be because they turned it off.

Not that it is the right answer.

Have you tried having the pod in the background of a layout that you would use prior to needing the pod? Have it placed behind another pod, so the loading of it is not seen, and when you switch layouts to one that requires that pod, it would just make the pod visible, and you may not get the flicker.

Board footer