Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2012-01-09 13:49:46

**_jahcpro_**

Answer feedback disappears on second quiz try

We created a quiz using Presenter 7.0.7.

Settings:

Each answer (multiple choice, 4 choices per question) in each question in the final exam (10 questions) has Advanced Feedback  for both correct and incorrect choices.

Each question can be taken once, each exam can be taken unlimited times.

Issue:

After publishing to several different LMS systems the following happens. During Attempt one, person answers each question and gets feedback each time. Upon failing the quiz, the user is prompted to retake the quiz on a slide after the final score.

When taking the quiz after failing the first attempt, two things happen, After user makes a selection and clicks on submit:

A) Correct or incorrect feedback (as set in Advanced feedback) does not display after clicking on Submit, even after waiting a while.
B) User clicks on submit, but the feedback does not appear, therefore the user cannot move on to next question unless they use the outline on the side to move on to the next question.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
_Jorge

#2 2012-01-13 12:17:28

**_mriltd_**

Re: Answer feedback disappears on second quiz try

I'm having the same issue! Didn't make the connection between a failing grade or just a second walk through of the course. For you, if a person passes the first attempt, can they successfully get past the first test question on the second attempt?

#3 2012-02-01 17:43:04

**_msialvi_**

same issue.

The second attempt on a quiz retake freezes after the user has submitted the answer to the first question. I have heard that the only work around is to roll-back and use previous version.

Adobe Admin? Please help with this, this is driving me crazy and effecting hunderds of users at my company.

#4 2012-02-01 17:56:47

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Can you set the number of attempts at your server (LMS) level? That is usually how I set up the quizzes, as it also then gives accurate tracking and record keeping. If you allow multiple attempts from within the content, then the only report you will see is when they fail the per-defined number of times (assuming it works), or when they pass.

As to this bug, pleas call support and verify that they are aware of it. When you get a bug number, please post it here, so others can call with it if they experience the same issue.

#5 2012-02-02 12:56:52

**_msialvi_**

The LMS was set to have 10 attempts. I have contacted Adobe and have a case number; however, Adobe has not admitted that it is a bug and still checking on this.

Here are my findings.

The issue is not with the LMS, Windows version, Browser, but the Presenter's updated version of 7.0.6

Use the base version 7.0.0 without any updates, and problem solved. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/870/cpsid_87013.html

Good luck and smile!

#6 2012-02-02 13:02:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I know I posed in another thread about not using 7.0.0, but it is worth stating again. Go to 7.0.5 if 7.0.6 is causing issues, as earlier versions do have some serious bugs.

#7 2012-02-02 13:27:27

**_msialvi_**

Thank you RealEyes. I upgraded to 7.0.5 and this issue did not come up.

So, 7.0.5, it is.

Board footer