Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-12-16 09:59:03

**_RichardDine_**

Creating a "virtual world"

I saw a cool feature on a competitor product that allowed for something akin to a "virtual world" experience.  They had a video overlaid with hot spots so that the user could identify the issue in the video.  Their specific example was "find the hazard" and showed a car driving down a street and the user would click as the car past the hazard.

It does not look like Captivate (at least version 4, not sure about 5) can do this exactly, since I do not think it allows video to be loaded onto a question slide, nor does it allow the timed arrival of a hot spot.

I tried mimicking the feature by placing a transparent button over the vide and that worked partly.  The problem is, if the answer appears from the 15-30 second mark in the video what happens if the user clicks before or after that time?  I tried adding buttons that would say "try again" or somesuch to appear before and after the correct time but they interfere with each other (even while "invisible").  So I am not sure how to get this to run smoothly, though I feel I am close.

Any advice?

Board footer