Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-28 10:35:52

**_jwilliams_**

Modifying or Accessing Built-in Pods

Hello,

I'm trying to find the existing Adobe Connect pods. Specifically, I'm trying to find the swf for the Attendees pod. My intent is to modify this pod to include an extra button in the popup menu that appears when you hover over someone in the pod. When the button is pressed it takes them to a url based on who is selected when it's pressed.

Any help is much appreciated. I've already been told this is impossible on the adobe site forums. I'm hoping those here might know something they didn't.

As an alternative solution, I could build a custom pod that could communicate with the Attendees pod, but thus far it only seems possible to create custom pods that communicate, and not with any of the built-in pods. Any information regarding this would be similarly helpful and appreciated.

Thank you for your help

John

Edit: Here is a link to the post on the adobe forums: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041347#4041347

Last edited by **_jwilliams_** (2011-11-28 10:39:33)

#2 2011-11-28 11:28:06

alistairlee

Re: Modifying or Accessing Built-in Pods

Hey there,

Adobe doesn't release the source code for any of the built-in pods so there's no way to edit the existing attendees pod.

The good news is that is should be relatively straightforward to create your own customized version.  While you can't communicate with other pods - the SDK does make the full attendee list available to you.

SyncConnector.userList will return an array of users in the meeting room.  Additionally, you can return a single userName and/or userID.

#3 2011-11-28 11:30:15

**_jwilliams_**

Re: Modifying or Accessing Built-in Pods

Yeah, that does seem to be the consensus :(

The idea of emulating the entire attendees pod seems kind of insane, but duplicating the list also seems clunky and bad.

Thanks for the help :) I'm going to wait a bit to accept your response as the answer just in case someone else has some useful information.

Board footer