Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-16 17:53:32

**_Matt_at_CPS_**

Choppy animation/playback, fixed window size desired.

Hello All,

I have a couple different issues I'm curious about.

1. The playback of the presentations I've published (to Connect) using Presenter seem to be choppy compared to presentations that were published before upgraded Presenter, especially during animations of objects and images. I am using the latest versions of Presenter (7.0.7) and Connect. I'm not sure if it has more to do with the .pptx versus the .ppt (97-2003) file types or the version of Presenter, but it seems to be related to one of the two. For example there was a presentation that already existed before I began working for the company. It was in the .ppt file type and needed to be updated. I applied the necessary updates, saved, and published it keeping it in the .ppt (97 - 2003) file type. That presentation plays more smoothly, like the other presentations that were created before I was hired on. The rest of the presentations I've worked on don't play smoothly, especially during animations. I tried to save them in the .ppt file type to see if that would help, but in many cases any on-screen assets that have animated into each slide disappear at the end of each slide when it stops playing for some reason. So that doesn't seem to be an option.

2. The older presentations (.ppt) open at 900x550 so that the navigation on the bottom and outline/notes bar on the right are displayed. The newer presentations (.pptx) open at 740x540 by default, and therefore the navigation and outline sidebar don't display. Granted the user can click the re-organize windows button or maximize the screen to display those options, but ideally it would open displaying them by default. I noticed when I publish to My Computer instead of straight to Connect that it seems the breeze-manifest.xml file contains the dimension settings for this display issue so I can edit that file to 900x550 but I cannot upload that file alone to Connect, and I can't seem to find how to specify that dimension when uploading to Connect.

Keep in mind I have consulted with Adobe Product Help on these issues, and I am working on a MacBook Pro running Microsoft Windows 7 on VMware Fusion. Adobe concluded the only reason they could figure that the presentations were running choppy was because they were being published from a virtual machine, because when I sent them the files and they published them from their non-virtual environment they played back smoothly. However, I tried publishing them from my personal laptop using normal Windows 7 and yielded the same, choppy playback results.

I'm curious if these are known issues, possibly with fixes in the works, or if there is some setting or settings I'm missing or something I'm doing wrong when creating the presentations. These presentations are functioning at an acceptable level, I'm just trying to figure out if there is a way to optimize their playback and get them to run smoothly. Any help, insight or feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Matt

#2 2011-11-29 06:18:10

**_karenmi2011_**

Re: Choppy animation/playback, fixed window size desired.

Thank you

#3 2011-12-01 14:13:23

**_Matt_at_CPS_**

Was that "Thank you" meant for a different thread?

#4 2011-12-03 11:30:49

**_rsharma_champ_**

Hi Matt,

One reason for choppy playback could be that flash player is not able to play the output at the desired Frame Rate at which the Adobe Presenter had published it. Thus frame skipping might happen and you may experience choppy playback.
But you also said that the playback was choppy even on your local computer, To my experience this should not happen. Can you try to open that published output on some other machine and see if you still see the choppy playback?

Regards
Rahul

#5 2011-12-05 11:18:01

**_Matt_at_CPS_**

Hi Rahul. Yes, while working with Adobe Support on this issue they believed the choppy playback was the result of publishing from a virtual environment (using VMware Fusion on a Mac running Windows 7). So I brought my laptop from home that is just a Dell laptop running Windows 7, published the same presentation from that machine but had the same results. I could try to find a third machine if you think it would be helpful to try.

As for flash player not being able to play the output at the frame rate Presenter is publishing it, is there a way to change the frame rate at which Presenter publishes? Those types of things would be nice to be able to control, and it relates to the window size issue I'm having as well. I haven't found a setting for that in the Presenter ribbon in PowerPoint but it would be great to be able to change those settings.

Thanks for contributing.
Matt

Board footer