Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-10-06 11:13:01

**_tldalton_**

Bullet indentation problem from PPT to Captivate

When creating a new video in Captivate 5 from PowerPoint 2007, the bullet indentation in the PPT slide is not maintained in the Captivate video. A few slides are transferred correctly but most do not.

Is there a fix for this issue?

#2 2011-10-06 11:55:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Bullet indentation problem from PPT to Captivate

First, try saving it as a PPT file (PPT 03) and see if that resolves the issue.

If that doesn't work you can try a different font and see if that works.

Honestly, I don't find the import from PPT to be a very useful tool. The problem lies with the fact that Captivate (and any other program that imports PPT) must convert that file to something else. So, you ultimately lose something when doing media conversions, and that is part of the game. I know that Captivate 5 has a PPT editing tool, which makes things a hundred times easier to deal with modifications, but I still have a hard time with the loss of control of my content.

What I have ultimately moved to doing (which may or may not be the best avenue) is either using Presenter to work with PPT content and Captivate for everything else, or I just use Captivate like PPT and build my slides in it, and drop PPT all together. The decision depends on the project. If I do the latter, I create a PPT that has blank slides of all the different styles and use the Save As feature in PPT to save each slide as a JPEG. Then I can use that image as bacrgrounds for my slides in Captivate, and can even use them to create the master slides in Captivate so I just associate them with new slides I create.

Either way I work in what ever program gives me the most control of my project. Just my 2 cents.

#3 2011-10-06 13:55:28

**_tldalton_**

Re: Bullet indentation problem from PPT to Captivate

Thank you for your reply. I saved my PPT source document as PPT 03 and that did not resolve the issue. I changed the font to a different font with no success. When using the Edit tool, the slide comes up for editing without the bullet indentation issue. When I save, the issue is still there. I think for now I will try using your suggestion about building my slides in CP5.

Thank you again for your input.

Board footer