Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-09-26 14:55:03

**_lbagley_**

Curriculum item - status never changes to complete

I have a two slide captivate file that has been published to the CONNECT LMS

This file has been added to a curriculum and is a prerequisit for other items in the curriculum.

for some reason, CONNECT is not showing this item as complete after the user finishes viewing the two slides in the Cap. file.  When the user finishes this item, its status in the curriculum is "continue" and the next item remains locked.

Why?  Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

#2 2011-09-26 16:07:38

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Curriculum item - status never changes to complete

This could be due to a setting of Pass/Fail being selected instead of complete/incomplete. I would double check the reporting settings to make sure it is not looking for the user to interact with a quiz question for a "pass" status.

Or, you could add a simple question like:

Continue?

- Yes
- No

and they select yes to complete that course.

#3 2011-09-26 16:32:03

**_lbagley_**

Thanks for the response -- I changed PASS/FAIL to Complete/Incomplete and it still doesn't work

No, it is not a quiz.  It is just two slides that the user has to read.  However, in trying to find a solution, we did change it to a quiz where the user had to select "Agree" or "Disagree".  I found the problem seems to be connected to the "progress"

a.  the progress bar does not move to the end, eventhough its on the last slide. if the user closes, the item doesn't appear to have been completed by the user; eventhough they were on the last slide (this happens in both the 'quiz version' and the version that is not a quiz

b. (in the quiz version) if you return to the item and select the 'previous' button, then select the 'next' button, the progress meter will move to the end.  Then when the user closes the item,  the curriculum will show that the item has been completed/passed; and the user can move on the the next item in the curr.

c. (in the regular slide version) we found a way to display the slides so that has the progress meter moves to the end --- so this one should work --- However, when we closed the item and returned to the curriculum, it showes that the item has not been completed.  Even if you click 'continue' to return to the item and click the 'previous' then 'next' button to make sure the progress meter is at the end, it still showes up as incomplete in the curriculum.

#4 2011-09-26 16:57:15

**_lbagley_**

strange thing about the quiz; when I go into the reporting it shows my score for that item as 100/100 however the status is "In Progress"

we added a 3rd page to the quiz.  Now it works.  When the user closes the item after getting to the 3rd page, CONNECT changes the status to "Pass" and the user can continue to the next item in the curr.  (I guess we'll have to use this one, for now)

I don't understand why CONNECT/CAPTIVATE fails recognize when a user has completed an item that is a non quiz two slide captivate file.

#5 2011-09-26 17:51:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The slide after the quiz make sense, as that would count as a closing slide and it reports when going to that slide (leaving the quiz).

As to why it doesn't give a complete status for a non-quiz presentation, I don't know. You may want to work with support (tier 2 or 3) to see if they can look at the logs or reporting of your initial presentation and see if there is anything there.

#6 2011-09-29 14:59:55

**_lbagley_**

apparently this is an issue with Connect rather than Captivate.  Just read on the Connect forum, and apparently the has been a problem for a while

Board footer