Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-08-29 13:16:05

**_wsipc-mike_**

Using API to extract only Meeting Hosts

I imagine this is simple but seem to figure it out from the API documentation.

I can extract a user list easy enough, but it includes all account regardless of group. What I need to do is extract only users who are also Meeting Hosts. I was able to get the number of users in that group but then it didn't give a list.

Ideas?

Thanks.

#2 2011-08-29 14:12:48

alistairlee

Re: Using API to extract only Meeting Hosts

Hey Mike,

Absolutely - but it's a two step process.  Make sure you're logged into the server with the appropriate rights.

The first step is to find the principal-id of the group.  I used the following API call:

http://server-name/api/xml?action=principal-list

(Note: This will be a very long list since it will return all users and groups.  You can probably filter it if you'd like, but it's easier to run the call and search for 'Meeting Host'.)

From there, copy the principal-id for the Meeting Host group.
20110829-c6ft7kid5ayerwxajs79cxad6a.jpg

In my case, the principal id was '303158637'.  Next run the API call to see who is a member of that group:

http://server-name/api/xml?action=principal-list&group-id=303158637&filter-is-member=true

That should give you all of the meeting hosts.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2011-08-29 14:43:54

**_wsipc-mike_**

Thanks for the response. That's actually one of the methods I had tried. I assumed I was doing it wrong because it always returned an incorrect number. According to the admin page I have 173 meeting hosts. I ran a similar report through the regular UI and also got 173.

But the API query only returns 168 user names for that group (after parsing out the account names from the XML).

Why would those two counts be different?

#4 2011-08-29 17:57:01

**_wsipc-mike_**

I figured it out. Several of the user accounts were in both the 'Meeting Hosts' group and in a custom group -- which itself was in the 'Meeting Hosts' group. It seems Connect was counting these users twice and that was why I was getting wonky numbers.

Once I cleaned things up a bit no only did my numbers match, I freed up a few Host licenses in the process!

Board footer