Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-28 06:46:02

**_phippu85_**

Recording of a Livestream Pod

Hi there,

i wrote a little Custom-Pod for Adobe Connect 8, who can play "Livestreams". I wrote it in AS3 and i didnt used the CollaborationSDK until now (i know a bit how to use it). So, i didnt used the SyncConnector etc. until now (i just tested it for my own).

Now to the main Problem: As you know there is a "Recording-Functionality" in Adobe Connect 8, with wich you can record a Meeting (Custom Pods inclusive). Now if i hit "Record" while im playing a livestream you should also record the Livestream whos playing. But this isnt working. If i look at the Recording it still just plays the Livestream (i programmed it static until know, it starts to play the livestream as soon as i open the Pod) .

I tried the same with the"TalkingStick-Trial" CustomPod of RefinedData, and with a free Livestream CustomPod i found after searching a while. The Recording of the Livestream in Talking Stick only shows a black Screen, and the  Recording of the free Livestream CustomPod only shows the Pod in startingMode (it only show the empty ConfiguartionUI).

Is there maybe a possibility to be able to record the Livestream by the "Recording-Functionality" of AdobeConnect 8? As far as it looks like now, there isnt, but maybe one of you knows better.

regards

Philipp

ps. sry my Englisch isnt all too good... ^^ ;-)

#2 2011-07-29 12:26:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Recording of a Livestream Pod

This is because the recording is calling to the live stream. Connect has no knowledge of the stream other than that it should use what the pod calls for. So, as a result, it just calls back to the live stream in the recording.

If you happen to be streaming live again, and someone is watching a recording, they will see your new live stream.

This is a limitation of bringing an external video source into Connect and is a known issue with TalkingStick and other custom video tools.

#3 2011-07-29 15:18:06

alistairlee

Re: Recording of a Livestream Pod

Jorma is exactly right - what's being recorded is your call to the live stream.

To get around this, you could look at the syncConnector.isArchive property.  If it's a live meeting, you'd point to the live stream.  If not, you'd need to point to a pre-recorded (canned) video.

Board footer