Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-19 10:20:54

**_david3800_**

Planning for expansion...

We have a very small on-premise instance on campus of Adobe Connect 8 running on a single server with 25 concurrent users. We are investigating expanding the concurrent users. At what point should we be planning for clustering? When should we be considering edge servers?

Thanks.

-David

#2 2011-07-19 11:29:35

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Planning for expansion...

Hi David,
Each Adobe Connect Enterprise Server can handle up to 500 concurrent connections. At this point, you're just fine with 25 Concurrent Users.

When considering when to begin scaling your deployment and adding servers you want to try and gather a peak user number. For instance, if you first scale your Concurrent User licenses up to 500 licenses, your first consideration before adding another server should be how many users could be online at peak times? In my experiences, it tends to vary between 30% and 50%.

My best recommendation is that additional Connect Enterprise Servers can/should be added for failover initially, and Edge Servers should be added for higher concurrent connection usage. Essentially, if the amount of users systematically grows exponentially, Edge Servers are a better consideration. If you're expanding the Concurrent User licenses first, another Connect Enterprise Server would be the best bet if you expand past the 500 mark.

I hope that better clarifies, but please don't hesitate to contact me offline with any additional questions.
Thanks,
Jeff

#3 2011-07-19 11:41:00

**_david3800_**

Re: Planning for expansion...

Thanks Jeff.

That's excellent information.

I appreciate your help.

Board footer