Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-07-15 13:20:22

**_smooney_**

audio gone missing after loading project to new computer

Posted to a different thread, no responses there so thought I'd try my own... sorry for the duplication but customer is aching for a resolution and I'm at a loss.

PPT presentation was saved on laptop. Using Presenter 7, didn't know there were updates until I came on here to solve this issue (thanks for that at least! :) ). Audio imported from mp3 files, modified in the audio editor, animations added, etc. saved and published. Worked like a charm too! Customer was happy, showing it to her sponsor. All of the associated files were backed up.

Laptop crashed.

Customer wants to tweak a few things, of course.

New laptop. Presenter installed, updated to 7.0.6. Presentation and project files restored to new laptop. When I open the presentation none of the audio is present when I click the Audio>Edit button. I see the folder Presenter created when saving the project, and in it is a .ppcx file and an audio folder with 5 .lthmb files and 1 .rthmb file.

Without having to plug in the original .mp3's again, and do all the editing I already did once (my SME had trouble remembering to not say UM every 5 seconds), does anyone have any ideas where my audio went or how to tie it back together?

Many thanks!

#2 2011-07-15 15:34:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: audio gone missing after loading project to new computer

Do you have an older version of that presentation backed up somewhere? Not sure where the audio went, but short of re-importing it and editing it, I don't see much to do.

#3 2011-07-15 15:44:22

**_smooney_**

yes, I have the presentation safe and sound but I don't look forward to doing all that audio editing work over again. this isn't the first time we've had trouble editing an older project on a new computer. seems a pretty big fault with Presenter if you can't trust the project to stay intact when moving from computer to computer.

#4 2011-07-15 15:50:53

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I asked if you had an older version to see if you may still have the audio files in that folder. Did you ever upload the source files to Connect? You may try pulling them down from there if you did. The other thing I did think of is that you could pull the output files from the server and then take those mp3s (which you edited) and re-import them.

Not sure why you lost your audio, other than it could have been from the wonderful bug in 7.0.0 that had a tendency to do that.

#5 2011-07-15 16:07:55

**_smooney_**

I don't have an older version of Presenter to try to open the project with. When we upgraded and got licenses for v7 we didn't keep any old install files around.

I didn't think of pulling the mp3's from the published file back in. I noticed that Presenter chops up the audio into slide-sized bites doesn't it? I do have those so I'll try that.

Thanks so much!

#6 2011-07-15 16:24:37

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It will have split the audio into specific mp3s for each slide in the published file. It should make importing pretty easy.

Board footer