Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-24 07:23:30

**_Dinin_**

Presenter plays flash animation too fast

Hey everybody,

I have a problem with a flash file once again. I have an animation (build in flash) which I incorporate into the PowerPoint presentation via the Presenter plugin. The animation is set to 30 fps and works fine. It does not incorporate any AS 3 content.

When I publish the whole file, however, the animation is playing too fast (the end of the 4 minutes animation is reached after 3:30 minutes!!). The swf is fine, I tested it seperately.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem?

Best,

Dinin

#2 2011-06-25 00:08:49

**_catholicon_**

Re: Presenter plays flash animation too fast

what's the fps setting for your swf animation. For it to run nicely inside presenter, it should be targetting 30fps to match what one see in the standalone execution of the animation.
(thats because presenter's main swf targets 30fps...and flash says that all movies loaded insided a xFps movie will run at same fps)

#3 2011-06-25 01:41:32

**_Dinin_**

30 fps, as mentioned above. So that cannot be the problem. :(

#4 2011-07-15 11:15:13

**_jonverey_**

i think I experienced a similar issue when embedding a swf video in a PPT. When I uploaded the PPT in to Connect, it played almost at double-speed.
I resolved it by dropping the bit-rate when encoding the original swf video.
Hope that helps!

#5 2011-07-22 19:37:04

**_redhatperl_**

Probably you can try with 25 FPS SWF

#6 2011-07-23 04:19:58

**_Dinin_**

But the Presenter plays its swf files at 30 fps, so it'll look really weird when I set them to 25 fps.... (see catholicons post...)

I found a solution, by the way: I activate "play swf by presenter time bar" (or whatever the expression in the english version sounds like) - then it plays in the correct speed, but there are sudden "jumps" at some points where the animation jumps back a few frames and then continues... Not perfect, but still better than with the wrong speed. Will there be a patch to fix the "jump" problem?

Board footer