Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-22 16:02:23

**_jdonaldson_**

Major Problems with Captivate 5.5 and Connect Pro

I have a bunch of quizes that have 30 random question slides. Each slide pulls from various question pools. All of these quizes where created in Capitivate 5 and converted to Captivate 5.5.

My problem is that Captivate 5.5 is corrupting my quizes and preventing me from posting them to my Connect Pro server. If I fix the quiz to where it will post CAptivate 5.5 will eventually corrupt it again.

When I try to publish I get a "Failed to publish your project to the Connect Pro Server. Verify your Network Connection and then retry."

Also Connect Pro starts throwing up errors about my number of concurrent users has been exceeded. That is impossible since I have not release any training yet to anyone other than myself.

I did not have any of these problems until I upgraded to Capitvate 5.5.

#2 2011-06-22 16:15:17

**_jdonaldson_**

Re: Major Problems with Captivate 5.5 and Connect Pro

I just realize something. If I open a CP 5 file with quizzes save as a CP 5.5 with out making changes to the quiz it will publish with no problem. However if anything is changed on any question pool slide the project will no longer publish to Connect.

Every question has to be changed because Captivate 5.5 messes up all of the text alignment and some of it runs off the stage area and is not visible.

This is ridiculous. I should not have to rebuild all of my project files every time I upgrade.

#3 2011-06-22 16:35:03

**_jdonaldson_**

Alright. I did further testing and discovered that if you hit shift plus enter on text with in a quiz it will cause the project to fail while publishing. Not sure why this is. Just one more of those thing to remember not to do in Captivate.

Last edited by **_jdonaldson_** (2011-06-23 08:19:29)

#4 2012-01-20 16:49:28

**_rpsathya8_**

@jdonaldson so did you go back and edited those and were able to publish to Connect Pro? I am having issues publishing a simple demo to Connect. I did not have these issues before upgrading.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Board footer