Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-14 18:18:09

**_JWalker_**

Publishing From Presenter to Connect 8 - Server Error

I've been trying to publish a .pptx (with audio--no video or quizzes) to Connect 8 to no avail.  I keep getting the Server Error: 404 Not Found.  In the Status bar of Presenter I get "42006 Presenter Publish error."  I've confirmed the server name is correct.

Once I changed the file from a .pptx to a .ppt I was able to publish--I could swear that Connect accepts .pptx files now!?!?  Anyone else experiencing this issue? 

We are also unable to publish from Captivate 5 to Connect--we are able to log in, but always get errors when trying to publish.

#2 2011-06-15 08:00:03

**_Purnima_**

Re: Publishing From Presenter to Connect 8 - Server Error

I remember getting this issue with Captivate but not with Presenter. But when trying to publish it second time it used to succeed.
Are you on hosted account? Which cluster ?

It seems with some updates on Connect , it was fixed.

#3 2011-06-15 09:16:37

**_JWalker_**

Yes, we are a hosted account and we are definitely suffering with this problem for Captivate :( and can't seem to fix it--have an open ticket with Adobe.  I'm looking at the Help Manual and it says it supports file type .pptx and Adobe Captivate content published through the application.

#4 2011-06-15 09:52:40

alistairlee

It definitely support pptx files - so that shouldn't be the issue.

Do you have 'http://' or 'https://' in the address filed?  Try removing them if you do - so you're only left with the server address without that prefix.

The other thing to try is publishing to your hard drive and choosing the .ZIP option.  Then try uploading that ZIP file to the content library directly.

#5 2011-06-15 10:00:07

**_JWalker_**

I actually found your advice on previous posts and tried removing the https:// and that didn't work either.  It does work to publish to our hard drives, but I'm really hoping to fix this issue so that it's not our permanent solution? 

Do you happen to know if Presenter doesn't work well when we have other PowerPoint add-ins installed?  We currently have pptPlex and OptionPower.

#6 2011-06-16 10:54:32

**_JWalker_**

I think this really may be a bug?  We haven't been able to publish .pptx files from any of our offices :(

#7 2011-06-16 18:14:27

**_JWalker_**

I've just gotten off the phone Adobe Tech Support and they have confirmed that the cluster we are on does have a bug.  We cannot publish Captivate 5 files or files with the .pptx extension until we upgrade from 8.1--a date they were unable to provide me with at this time.

#8 2011-06-17 02:43:25

**_Purnima_**

Which cluster are you on ? Are you facing issues on uploading the published zip folder also?

#9 2011-06-17 12:50:06

**_JWalker_**

We were on NA4 before the upgrade--I assume it's the same one?  We do fine uploading the zip file and everything works as it should, it's just a hassle :)

#10 2011-06-17 20:00:49

**_redhatperl_**

This does not looks to be a known issue.. but then if Support says then it could be.

Board footer