Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-06-14 16:05:13

**_rjpanetti_**

Unable to edit or delete Advanced Answer Options

Hello,

I have two problems and if you could help we solve either, I would be very grateful.

1. I have a series of 4 question screens that have specific feedback for each answer option so I am using the Advanced Answer Options feature in Quiz Manager. To save some time, I tried to use the first question screen I made as a template to create the others by copying and pasting it in the PPT deck. This appeared to work very well until I published the course and the answer feedback on questions 2, 3, and 4 was a repeat of the feedback from queston 1, even thought I had deleted the original text and pasted in the correct feedback for question and item. I tried to overwrite the text several times but as soon as I close Quiz Manager it reverts to the orginal. Eventually, I tried to create each question screen from scratch but when I do that I get the...

2. "Presenter has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentatiion. Try saving your work to a new file and restarting PowerPoint"... Saving and restarting does nothing.  I thought the problem was the original deck was created in PPT 2010. After much experimentation I pasted the content into an old PPT 2003 file and this problem seemed to go away. Then, when I was trying to fix problem #1 above. it  reappeared.

Any suggestions?

#2 2011-06-17 17:57:26

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Unable to edit or delete Advanced Answer Options

Ok, first do not copy and paste quiz slides. This is not really a shortcut, since you still need to go into the quiz manager and edit everything, but it does cause a significant reporting problem as all your questions will have the same SCO ID's.

Chances are you won't see the strange behavior if you don't copy and paste either, so I would just stick with creating each question from scratch.

Also, what version of Presenter are you using? This sounds like one of the bugs from 7.0.2 and earlier where you couldn't customize the feed back.

For Problem #2, you may just want to work with a PPT 03 deck until 7.0.7 comes out.

Board footer