Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-05-17 16:27:26

**_tyson.brown_**

Sony Ipela -> Flash Media Gateway Server -> Adobe Connect 8?

We have just recently upgraded from Connect 7 to Connect 8 at our institution, and one of our primary service users has heard about the "ability" to integrate H.263 video streams from (for example) a video conferencing unit (VCU) into Adobe Connect 8.  I have not had ANY experience with this, but here is what I understand from reading docs and checking the forums...

1.  I need Flash Media Gateway Server installed (which means I'll need a Wn 2003 server.. one of the big pushes for us to migrate TO Connect 8 was that then it would allow our Systems group to move away from Win 2003 server... DOH!).

2.  FMG brokers the connections between a VCU and Adobe Connect 8 (again, I have NO idea how this actually works in real life, I'm just trying to get the overall concept straight).

3.  At the moment, this is ONLY one way, from the VCU into Connect, but this is NOT a shortcoming of FMG, rather its an issue with Flash Media Player

4.  This works with Polycom and Tandberg boxes...  Is that an "ONLY", or has anyone tried it with Sony Ipela's (since our campus is standardized on Sony units, this is an important question for us!).

Any info anyone can provide me would be appreciated! 

Thanks
Tyson Brown
University of Saskatchewan

#2 2011-05-19 03:04:45

**_Purnima_**

Re: Sony Ipela -> Flash Media Gateway Server -> Adobe Connect 8?

This tutorial should help you
http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p67552846/

In case you have more questions, let me know

Board footer