Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-05-09 12:45:31

**_wsipc-mike_**

Enable/Disable verbose logging

I am seeing hundreds of files named debug.log.<timestamp> building up in my logs/support directory. I assume that Adobe Support enabled some kind of verbose logging when they helped me with my v8 upgrade back in February (vie a remote session).

These files are being saved each day and each on is larger than the last (up to 33MB each now; 4GB+ in all). I only noticed this because I am beginning to run a little low on space. I imagine that is a way to disable this feature, but I assume it would be via the command line. Does anyone know how to do this?

#2 2011-05-17 07:15:20

**_tlchurch_**

Re: Enable/Disable verbose logging

How many debug.log files are you showing? By default Connect keeps 7 days' worth (we upped ours since users do not always report issues within 7 days).

In breeze\appserv\conf\config.ini, the 'LOG_ROTATE_KEEP' is the number of days of log files to keep. This setting is located under the 'LOG_FILE=../logs/support' section. There are a few sets of log files, I don't recall which one this hits -- the other log file settings are all nearby in the same file.

#3 2011-05-25 10:43:18

**_anhyzer_**

Teresa, are you on Connect 8? The parameters you mention are not present in breeze\appserv\conf\config.ini on my C8 server. I believe the abundance of log files that Mike sees is the result of Connect 8 not deleting old log files as previous versions did. It rotates them more frequently than C7.5 did (twice a day in many cases) but it doesn't seem to ever delete logs.

Does anyone have info on parameters for deleting old log files in C8?

Thanks.
--Chris

#4 2011-06-09 10:28:19

**_wsipc-mike_**

@tlchurch I agree with anhyzer. I am running v8 and cannot find that string (or anything similar) in my config.ini file.

But to answer your question, there are currently 216 debug.log.* files in my ..\logs\support directory. They go back several months and are about 30+MB each. Right now I am just manually deleting the old ones every once in a while, but I would really like to know how to turn the logging level down to a more reasonable level (or at the very least, set a retention policy for the log files).

#5 2011-08-08 13:04:12

**_wsipc-mike_**

bump

Board footer