Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-05-09 06:51:33

**_cozbback_**

Location of file that shows SQL sa password

I know there is a file inside the Breeze folder somewhere that shows you the password for the sa account setup inside Connect as I was directed to it once many months ago.  At the time, I didn't think anything of it, but now I need to locate said file.  Does anyone happen to know which file has that information?

This is for Connect 6 in case you need to know that.

Thanks.

Cosby

#2 2011-05-23 15:43:32

**_aaron_schuyler_**

Re: Location of file that shows SQL sa password

I thought I'd seen it somewhere in plain text also but doesn't seem to be in plain text in the custom.ini file in current versions (but check on yours). If you're using the embedded database engine and your initial install was assisted by Adobe you should also try "breeze".

#3 2011-05-24 07:42:02

**_cozbback_**

On mine, the plain text for the PW isn't in the custom.ini file.  The encrypted version of it is though.

It's OK though now as we discovered that when this was set up, the SQL instance was actually utilizing Windows Credentials so there was no need to worry over this after all. (even though I am still curious where that file is just on principle)

#4 2011-05-25 03:52:51

**_ssahai_**

There is not file on which the password id kept in plain text. The password is kept as a hash.
However if you have forgotten the password and wish to reset it then swl may help you. Just follow to command prompt sqlcmd on the db machine and proceed to change password as defined here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322336

Board footer