Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-20 04:36:56

**_jaderin_**

Audio Alerts in Connect Pro

My organization uses a Connect Pro chat room to pass information.  I would like to get an alert when certain text is displayed in the chat room.  Couple of questions:
Is this organically possible in Connect Pro?
If not, can anyone point me in the right direction of a programming/scripting solution to this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2011-04-20 11:54:49

**_dhwalker_**

Re: Audio Alerts in Connect Pro

With the Solution Builder SDK you can build a custom Chat pod and include the alerts you want.
The development framework for the SDK is Flex 3.x using Flash Builder.

If you need someone to do it for you please contact me at dwalker[at]intesolv[dot]com.

#3 2011-04-20 14:57:49

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The documentation for using the SDK builder can be found here.

It should be easy enough to wade your way through with a moderate level of comfort with Flash.

#4 2011-04-20 20:09:20

**_jaderin_**

Thanks guys, I'll use this information to look into it further and let you know what happens.

#5 2011-04-20 23:26:34

**_jaderin_**

OK, I have read through the documentation and realize there is alot I don't know.  I see how using the SDK above I could create a custom chat pod that would include alerts.  This is cool (and perhaps the only solution) but unfortunately I am only a user of this pod. 

I would like to know if it is possible to create a client side application that would alert if the chat pod was passed certain text.  (I have already created a .net application that does this by control of the mouse and copy of the actual chatbox text, but was hoping that there was a cleaner way to do it.)  If this sort of client side monitoring of the flash object is not possible, please let me know.

Thanks for taking your time.

Board footer