Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-08 10:45:16

**_jdonaldson_**

Building a Custom API

I need to have Connect Pro meet these demands. I want to setup training managers that can not access content or view training results of other training managers. Also I will need curriculum to curriculum prerequisites and have user groups that can only access Connect Pro for specific amount of time.

My question is, Can all of the above be achieved through a Custom API and doe a API change the appearance of Connect pro?

I am not a programmer and will be using this info to sell Connect pro to certain individuals in my company and try to get them to stop using another LMS. Thanks.

#2 2011-04-12 11:34:12

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Building a Custom API

Use folder permissions to control this. Training managers can only see what is in their personal training folder, or in the Shared training library. You can set up sub folders that only give permissions to certain groups or individuals, so that anyone else would not be allowed to access the training in those folders. Not an API solution, but it works.

#3 2011-04-19 15:15:22

**_jdonaldson_**

Would the Training manager be able to delete content and enroll? I know these questions are pretty basic but I just got connect pro back in August and have not had much time to dive into the fine details yet.

#4 2011-04-19 16:31:40

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Any folders that a Training manager had Manage permissions for, they would be able to delete content, add content, and deal with learner enrollment and scoring. If you don't give them permissions, or go with Denied, it means they cannot access or modify the content of that folder.

Board footer