Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-05 15:56:40

**_Holly_**

Can a Presenter-created viewer.swf be embedded

I want  to embedd a Presenter-created viewer.swf into another PowerPoint, but the viewer.swf does not play in Connect.

It is even possible to do this?

#2 2011-04-05 22:31:18

**_dhwalker_**

Re: Can a Presenter-created viewer.swf be embedded

The viewer.swf file that is part of the published files of an Adobe Presenation is only a shell. The slides of the presentation are brought into and played by the viewer.

If you are talking about inserting the viewer.swf file onto a PowerPoint slide using Adobe Presenter it won't work because it will not know where those other files are in relation to where the PowerPoint or published Adobe Presentation is.
I wonder why you would want to do this at all. What is it you are really trying to accomplish?

If you just want to bring your Adobe Presentation into a Connect meeting room then just publish the preso to the Content Library first then bring it into a Share Pod in the meeting room.

#3 2011-04-06 09:27:15

**_Holly_**

I have an 8 slide animated PowerPoint with synced audio that I want to embed (and then play) as a video on one slide in another 30 slide PowerPoint in Connect. I'm doing this to make the flow as easy as possible for a variety of remote professors.

I know I can zip the 8 slide presentation, load it into a pod, and leave it in the presenter area until needed. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you for bringing sunshine into my day with your response.

#4 2011-04-06 16:00:20

**_dhwalker_**

The best way I can think of is to use Captivate 4 to create a single swf file with all slides present, you could do it in Flash as well. But I can't think of any way to do it with PPT or Presenter alone.
I suppose you could create a video from your slides with Captivate, Camtasia or something similar and insert that onto your slide.

Last edited by **_dhwalker_** (2011-04-06 16:10:21)

#5 2011-04-12 11:21:19

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Why not just embed the slides in the presentation and use the presenter functionality to output a single presentation. You can navigate through your silent slides with the next/previous buttons on the share pod, and then choose to reveal the playbar (for hosts and presenters), and press play to have it play through the slides with audio. Then go back to using the next/previous buttons when done.

Presenter output is a mess to embed into anything, but since you are sticking with PPT, I would just make a single presentation. You should even be able to copy/paste the slides into the other presentation, and the audio should come along with it.

Board footer