Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-03-21 17:47:52

**_sarnold_**

Error in Converting file

One of our professors tried to upload a .ppt file to the share pod and he got an error when it was trying to convert the file.  That is the first .ppt file that I have seen have any errors when uploading it to a Connect.  Does anyone know why he might be getting this error?  We are still using 7.5

thanks.

#2 2011-03-27 22:37:49

**_wongpro_**

Re: Error in Converting file

I also want to know the answer for this as  already tried several times but failed. Anyone can help on this?

#3 2011-03-28 03:15:52

**_Mosunshine_**

We've had similar problems with this.
Once the file had some images that were too large... by resizing the images the error was resolved.

And in another instance, using the latest version of Powerpoint, a background colour was selected for each of the slides.
By removing the background colour within each slide, and trying to upload the file again - it worked !

#4 2011-03-28 08:10:47

**_sarnold_**

I will pass that information along to the professor that had the problem.  Maybe that was the same problem as in his powerpoint.

Thanks

#5 2011-03-30 08:05:38

**_dhwalker_**

I think Mosunshine is on the right track.
I will add that at times it seems that there is just something wrong with an image, not sure exactly what. By re-saving the image, perhaps in a different format, and reimporting it the problem is often resolved.

#6 2012-08-24 07:22:28

**_AMahoney_**

Anyone else still having this issue.

We've found that it usually has to do with a master template or background image file type (likes .jpg, but not .png) or a background something.

We're creating a series of sessions now (each with a PPT) and can't seem to identify an exact issue, but through trial and error believe we've narrowed it down to one slide and the contents.

Does anyone have a list of things that don't convert in Adobe or a list of things that cause problems/errors?

Thanks!

#7 2012-08-24 10:49:57

**_CCWWW_**

This is a problem with some fonts.  The work around is to save the PowerPoint in PPT instead of PPTX.

Board footer