Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-03-10 11:22:29

**_Fabrice_38_**

HTML Content in a flash pod

Hi !

Is it possible to load html content (html page) in a pod ?

I'd like to load a form directly in a room ; an html form and not a flash/flex one.

(I've also tried to load html content in a flash application (as3 based) but it failed )

Have you any ideas ?

Thanks,

Fabrice

#2 2011-03-17 15:23:54

**_ExtendMedConnect_**

Re: HTML Content in a flash pod

Fabrice,
What version of Connect are you using?  For 7.5, you are not able to share HTML content from within a pod.  Your two options are:

1.  Use a weblink pod to open a side along window for your users, then direct them to manually close it when done.
2.  Do a Window based screenshare with an appropriately sized window in a basic browser (IE, Firefox).

If you have Connect 8, any Hyperlinks typed into the chat will display as active links, and you can direct your users to click them there. 

If there is predefined content you want to share from that page, you could always do a screen capture recording using something like Camtasia, or Quicktime if you have a Mac. Then you could convert to an .flv file using something like Handbrake or MediaCoder to play it back within a share pod.

Those are my thoughts, let me know if you have any questions. 

~Kevin

#3 2011-03-17 15:24:54

**_ExtendMedConnect_**

Re: HTML Content in a flash pod

Also, if you have an upper level account, you can do open field polling, and treat that like a form by sorting out the answers in a spreadsheet from the report tab.  Thanks!

~Kevin

Board footer