Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-03-09 06:10:51

**_Blik_**

After Server update: "Error establishing socket to host and port"

Dear all,

it seems our IT did some changes to our on premise server after which Connect doesn't start anymore (expect for the configuration wizard).

When I start the app-management-wizard, I'll get this error (after clicking "next" when I'm on the page "Database settings"):

----
java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]
Error establishing socket to host and port: <our server>.<our domain>:<old/ current port>. Reason: Connection refused: connect
    at macromedia.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
    at macromedia.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)

-------

(There are more lines to follow, but I omitted them.)

I think the reason for the error is that maybe the port has changed. Unfortunately I cannot reach anyone who tells me what changes exactly were done.

The question is: What can I do in the meantime? The DB and content files are still there. The port was/is 1433.

Would it be safe to install Connect again and hope that while installing Connect recognizes the correct port and attach the old Database after installation? Or would I overwrite old content with that?

How can I retrieve the correct port number?

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated!

Our System:
Connect Pro 7 SP3

Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP 2

Best regards
Oliver

#2 2011-03-10 06:21:27

**_Blik_**

Re: After Server update: "Error establishing socket to host and port"

Solution: I got access to the server and after a restart everything worked as expected.

I still don't know what caused the problem in the beginning, but I'm glad that a simple Restart solved the problem.

Cheers
Oliver

Board footer