Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-02-09 09:49:39

**_floyddavenport_**

Archiving Old Recordings

What methods have others used to archive off old recordings that you wish to keep, but are not being used.

Other than saving them "Off Line".

Thanks,

Floyd Davenport

#2 2011-02-10 01:51:17

**_Purnima_**

Re: Archiving Old Recordings

What I have tried with Connect 8 is to download the Recordings using Connect Desktop instead of make offline feature. The advantage I found is that it is very fast. I don't have to play the recording completely to make it offline. And i have all my recordings offline which i can view at convenience.

#3 2011-02-11 01:45:11

**_katgoel_**

Agreed that Desktop client is a great feature with Connect 8 as it allows downloading the recording without playing the full recording.More details at :

http://www.adobe.com/education/resource … esktop.pdf

#4 2011-06-03 10:23:12

**_kmonarq7_**

I tried watching a saved file with it and it did not work...just opened up Connect Desktop and sat there.  Is there another way of viewing it, other than the online method?

#5 2011-06-03 12:36:15

**_dhwalker_**

You can download the source files for the recording by appending "output/recording.zip?download=zip" to the URL. Keep in mind that this is not really a viewable video but all of the files for the recording as they exist on the Connect server.
They can be saved to a local drive and even re-uploaded to the Content library as needed.

#6 2012-09-30 17:33:19

**_lainemarsh_**

Can they be uploaded to a connect 9 account from an old connect 8 account?  i.e. a different account?

#7 2012-10-01 11:36:55

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

They can be uploaded to a different server, but if the live session shared anything other than a screen share, the content from the meeting will not show in the recording. This is because the recording calls to the PDF, SWF, FLV or Presentation that was displayed, as opposed to having it as part of the recording.

Board footer