Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-01-18 09:20:26

**_stagi_**

Batch registration of 25.000 guest users - Adobe Connect Pro 7.5/8.0

Hi there,
we are integrating the Adobe hosted version to the community portal of our customer. The registration/login process is done by the portal and we are going to pre-register all existing users as guest users. Single user creation is no problem, but what about 25.000 users? Especially guest users? You can import csv files with user information via the admin backend. But in the csv there is no type definition. Every guest user would be at a full user... I can change users to guest user... but I can't do this with 25.000 users ;-) Any idea?

I found in the help: You cannot batch multiple actions to be executed sequentially.
Soo the only solution at the moment: Write a batch process and make a loooot of API Calls ;-)

Or is there another solution?

Best regards,
Stefan

#2 2011-01-18 15:39:18

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Batch registration of 25.000 guest users - Adobe Connect Pro 7.5/8.0

I think you could try something like this.
Which is really a work-around.

1) create a new group and put the permissions on that group.
2) create the users via the import option and add them to the group.

The true solution is to add the users via the API and script the calls to execute in sequence.

#3 2011-01-19 04:07:51

**_stagi_**

Thanks a lot, but due license limits it is not possible to use users instead of guests.
So we will add a lot of guests via the API :-)

If I calculate just one second (which is not very much!) per API call:
25.000 calls -> 417 minutes - more than 7 hours :-) registration process.

Hopefully they integrate the guest bulk registration in version 8.0

#4 2011-01-20 18:21:34

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

stagi wrote:

Thanks a lot, but due license limits it is not possible to use users instead of guests.
So we will add a lot of guests via the API :-)

There shouldn't be a licensing limitation on how many users you have in your system. The licensing is based on concurrent meeting attendees or learners, or number of meetings running. You should be able to add users and guests in the same quantity.

I don't believe the bulk uploader changed for 8.0.

#5 2011-09-06 04:45:24

**_JamesJ_**

and what should i do/use to change the maximum named users limit? in case i want to raise the licensing limits..

#6 2011-09-06 12:25:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

For a licensing change, you would need to contact your reseller. If needed, I'd be happy to help off forum, just put ".com" after my username to reach me by email.

Board footer