Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-01-14 07:02:10

**_serhat_**

download a recording

hi,
when you record a meeting you can convert to flv and download it by clicking Make Offline button at administrator panel.

i can download it as zip file
http://server-domain/url-path/output/url-path.zip?download=zip

i wonder how can i download it by api as a converted flv file.
or how can i conver it after downloaded.

#2 2011-01-14 09:17:47

**_gajett_**

Re: download a recording

serhat wrote:

hi,
when you record a meeting you can convert to flv and download it by clicking Make Offline button at administrator panel.

i can download it as zip file
http://server-domain/url-path/output/url-path.zip?download=zip

i wonder how can i download it by api as a converted flv file.
or how can i conver it after downloaded.

when you download as a zip, you don't get any of the uploaded meeting content. (ppt, jpg, pdf, etc...)  those assets are linked from the recording, rather than included in a download .zip

i don't believe there is any way to download a converted file, as even the 'make offline' function is a real-time conversion that takes place locally on the users machine (in conjunction w/ the connect server, of course).

also, i don't believe there's any way to convert after download that is any better or faster than 'make offline' (keeping in mind that the download doesn't include any of the uploaded content, too)

you could try the adobe connect desktop tool, if what you are really looking for is a quick, easy way to download recordings for offline use.
You can find the download here: http://www.connectusers.com/downloads/

this works with recordings from both ver 7.5 and ver 8.

greg

#3 2011-01-15 03:38:17

**_serhat_**

Hi,
i dont need any meeting content(ppt,jpg,pdf)
i just need the video file of a meeting record (flv)
can i write a flex application that works as 'make offline' function?
is there any sdk or api?

#4 2011-01-17 14:55:29

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you make an Offline Version of the recording, it plays locally on your computer and, via the add-in, records an FLV locally on your computer. So there is no FLV to download, and thus no API to do so. The only thing stored on the server is the recording source files and Connect uses those to create a playback that is as close to the live session as possible, meaning it keeps all interactive content active and things like chat messages and slide transitions search-able. This wouldn't be possible with a video of the recorded session, so that is why Connect doesn't save the recording as such.

#5 2011-07-21 09:39:43

**_jscmenezes_**

It sux!!

I want to download recordings, Adobe!

#6 2011-08-03 15:22:18

**_HaVoK_**

The Adobe solution to providing recorded meetings outside of the bridge is substandard for the industry and unacceptable.  If Raindance & Intercall can figure this out, why can't Adobe? 

I do not want to download the raw files nor can I sit here while my computer burns cycles playing through the conference in realtime.  This method was fine several years ago, but the industry is moving past you and other products are becoming more attactive.

The 'Make Offline' option should allow for the immediate download of a single FLV or M4V file containing the full conference playback.

Board footer