Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-23 11:57:45

**_pkdevereaux_**

Question about adding audio

I need to insert silence into most of my PPT slides in order to control the duration of each slide once published, BUT I also need to add an audio file that needs to play throughout the duration of the presentation.  Is this possible?  I've read on previous posts that Captivate works better for playing soundtracks throughout, but I only have Presenter and don't really want to buy another product.

HELP NEEDED ASAP!  Thanks in advance for any tips.

#2 2010-12-23 15:50:27

**_Daniel_**

Re: Question about adding audio

Hello,

Well... what you have read is true. Presenter does not lend itself well to this approach, especially if it the file that plays throughout contains music. There is no way to insert it without breaking it into smaller files. If it is acceptable to break it up, you can insert your audio, and then use the audio editor to sync up the slide progressions so they advance at the appropriate places in your audio file.

#3 2010-12-23 22:38:07

**_amathur_**

Yes thats correct, we cannot insert an audio in background aross the entire project using Presenter
Reason being that Presenter is just a Plugin to PowerPoint which works on Slide basis
You need to follow what Daniel has suggested to get the desired output

#4 2011-03-31 10:41:23

**_kmpalencia_**

Hi there, I know this post was posted some time ago, but I was recently searching the forums.

I wanted to post a comment in regards to this.

Playing a continuous song throughout an entire presentation and controling the duration of each slide without splitting the audio is possible within the Audio Editor.

I just made this quick video on how: http://breeze.quinnipiac.edu/p21975692/

But basically import the song, select "ignore markers", access the "Audio Editor" within Presenter, and zoom out completely, at that point you will be able to see each slide marker, and you can move each slide marker to overlap the audio to the point in time you would like the slide to transition over the music within Presenter.

I hope this helps!!

#5 2011-03-31 13:07:07

**_dhwalker_**

While this may seem like a solution it may not give the results you want.
When you publish a presentation with Presenter it creates a separate .swf file for each slide in the presentation. Since each slide loads separately as the presentation plays there is always a split second break between slides which interrupts the audio.
I have found that taking the narration and the music into a different editor like Audacity and making the music fade in and out at the beginning and end of each slide works the best.

kmpalencia wrote:

Hi there, I know this post was posted some time ago, but I was recently searching the forums.

I wanted to post a comment in regards to this.

Playing a continuous song throughout an entire presentation and controling the duration of each slide without splitting the audio is possible within the Audio Editor.

I just made this quick video on how: http://breeze.quinnipiac.edu/p21975692/

But basically import the song, select "ignore markers", access the "Audio Editor" within Presenter, and zoom out completely, at that point you will be able to see each slide marker, and you can move each slide marker to overlap the audio to the point in time you would like the slide to transition over the music within Presenter.

I hope this helps!!

#6 2011-04-03 14:06:24

**_redhatperl_**

That is correct Mr. Walker.. I too believe that in Presenter will not able to play single file. Using Audacity is the best I bet !!

Board footer