Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-20 10:03:11

**_mobcdi_**

Siemens HiPath audio integration with Connect 8 -

I am looking for any advise or sources that would point out how best to integrate Adobe Connect 8 with a Siemens phone system so that i can discuss the options internally with a bit more knowledge about what can and can't be done and where the various steps have to happen.

Has anyone been able to integrate Adobe Connect 8 with Siemens pabx equipment?
Is there an adaptor available?

My end goal would be to use the companies existing phone system which can support upto 8 users on a conference call for short local meetings with small groups and use international audio provider for larger dispersed meetings

#2 2010-12-20 14:49:05

**_praha_**

Re: Siemens HiPath audio integration with Connect 8 -

There is a way you might be able to use Siemens phone system with Adobe Connect 8 by installing FMG/UV/SIP. Once you have the FMG/SIP set up, you can define an audio providers within Connect 8. Users would be able to see the audio provider if you make it as a global setting. Since I don't know much about Siemens phone system's capabilities, it may or may not already have SIP support. If it does have SIP support out of the box, you can use that as the SIP gateway, hence, you would not have to install any SIP server. Otherwise, you will need to have SIP besides FMG. You might want to google for Asterisk.

FMG = Flash Media Gateway

Hope this helps

-minh

#3 2010-12-20 16:24:04

**_mobcdi_**

Hi praha

Do you mean setting up asterisk as a sip server to bridge into hipath or setting up as an alternative to hipath?

#4 2010-12-20 17:19:08

**_praha_**

I don't know much about HiPath, but if HiPath does support SIP and has the capability that allows FMG to communicate with HiPath's SIP, then you might be able to set up FMG and should be able to use UV.
Please review your HiPath documentation for the features and capabilities and what it can support.

If you have installed FMG or Flash Media Gateway when you installed Connect 8, on your Connect server, launch http://localhost:8510/console. You will see the option of setting up and configuring SIP so FMG can communicate with the SIP server.

This is quick tutorial on how to add the UV to a meeting (client side):
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-adobe-c … ferencing/

But before you can set up this in your meeting, you will need FMG and SIP gateway.

I don't recommend Asterisk or any of the SIP providers but I just used Asterisk as an example of a SIP server in which FMG can communicate with. If HiPath does have the support for SIP, you might be able to set up FMG to communicate with HiPath.

For Adobe Connect 8 documentation, check out the docs here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/connect/8.0 … nstall.pdf

On page 39, look for "Deploying Universal Voice", it has some diagram which might help.

#5 2010-12-21 05:14:49

**_mobcdi_**

Thanks Praha

That cleared up alot fo me, am just waiting for telecoms people to come back with more details on the HiPath setup thats in place

#6 2010-12-22 11:39:43

**_mobcdi_**

The system is HiPath 4000, anyone have any success integrating with it?

Board footer