Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-17 14:36:32

**_starla94_**

Timeline Gray'd out in Captivate 5

the time line is grayed out in my captivate 5 presentation and i found someone with the same issue in Cap 4 taht fixed by deleting the settings file. (captivate_04.dat)

Does ANYone know what this file is called for Captivate 5 or where its located?

Or any other solution that will fix this?

#2 2010-12-17 16:13:48

**_starla94_**

Re: Timeline Gray'd out in Captivate 5

Ok i found the file to rename however this didn't work..

Its also only grayed out i noticed on some but not all of my slides (just most of them..)

Wondering if there is any other solution?

#3 2010-12-22 17:42:22

**_Captiv8r_**

Hi there

The whole Captivate interface is this God Forsaken ocean of gray in version 5.

Can you better articulate what you mean by the timeline being grayed out?

If you look at the Film Strip, do you see any icons below the thumbnail?

Cheers... Rick :)

#4 2010-12-22 22:39:48

**_starla94_**

down in the workspace area where you see the Timeline "tab"

it lists the audio and you see the squigly lines and then you can adjust the timing of the buttons and what not there..

that is the part that was completly grayed out..

Turned out it was my button.. I deleted the button off the slide and copied one from a working slide and boom Fixed.. so i just had to recopy the buttons on 70 slides after i did that i could see the timeline again on each of the slides..

#5 2011-09-27 09:49:49

**_dennis_**

Hello All,

I am working on a Cp 5 project, and I have one slide that has roughly 33 elements on it...this is normally more than I would have on a slide, but they are a series of staggered arrows and highlight boxes leading the viewer around a section of a report.

This morning I ran into an issue and after some frustration I figured out what to do about it and wanted to share.

The timeline is anchored to the bottom of my Cp window, and the timeline started to greyout as I moused over the elements in the timeline! This made them invisible to me and I though I had corrupted the slide, duplicating it did not help, so I deleted and rebuilt...only to have it happen again.

I found two fixes that may save you this time in the future:
1. Un-Dock the timeline. This expanded view will show all elements.
2. Expand the timeline panel  (by clicking the border of the timeline) the timeline vertically until you can see all of the elements again.

Enjoy! Hope you save some time!

Last edited by **_dennis_** (2011-09-27 09:54:04)

Board footer