Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-12-14 12:50:33

**_mobcdi_**

stunnel fails to start after reboot

The stunnel application doesn't start automatically when the server is started so isn't available to respoond to ssl requests.

What is the best way to make sure this application starts on OS power on but also doesn't spawn multiple copies of itself?

#2 2010-12-14 13:08:01

**_malik_rahul_**

Re: stunnel fails to start after reboot

If you want stunnel to start automatically, then you need to install it as a service and configure the service to start automatically with windows.

Regards
Rahul

#3 2010-12-15 05:35:34

**_mobcdi_**

I didn't see that option as part of the Adobe Connect 8 install. Is there a way to either re-install only stunnel as a service or convert the existing application to run as a service?

#4 2010-12-15 12:53:56

**_malik_rahul_**

under start --programs-stunnel you will have ie option for installing as a service. ensure to remove the passphrase from the keys you have.

#5 2010-12-15 13:59:11

**_mobcdi_**

stunnel wasn't added to the start menu either on its own or under the Adobe Connect folder.
If i need to start stunnel i have to navigate to the Breeze install folder -> stunnel -> stunnel.exe

#6 2010-12-15 15:41:25

**_malik_rahul_**

Try this

Stunnel 4.x can run as a native service under Windows. If you're running a 4.x version, then you can install as a native service by running

stunnel -install

#7 2010-12-17 07:10:14

**_mobcdi_**

Thanks again Malik

Didn't think it was that easy.
I navigated to stunnel folder under the breeze installation folder and ran Maliks command
Got a prompt to say the service was installed
Started the service and confimed it was set to start automatically as local service

Good thing was the service runs in the original location so was able to pick up the SSL cert I had already configued

#8 2011-02-01 11:30:05

**_Connect_User_**

Hi,

I saw a few of your posts and realized that you guys are using Adobe8.0.

I am wondering if you have some time and if you can share some of your experiences with Adobe8 via email or call, whichever is preferrable.

We are planning to move to 8 some time soon and I wanted to prepare myself before we start.

Thanks for your help.

Please advise.

#9 2011-02-01 11:40:23

**_mobcdi_**

Hi,

I'm happy to answer any questions I can but maybe it should be as a post in the Adobe Connect 8 forum or this forum under a new topic as I am new to Connect Administration and maybe others would be able to contribute to the discussion or cover gaps in my knowledge

#10 2011-02-01 11:43:46

**_Connect_User_**

Thats perfectly fine.

In the mean time, by any chance do you have any issues list or any other issues/resolutions documentation you can email me? or any piece of advise while implementing adobe 8?

Thanks much for your response.

#11 2011-02-01 11:50:40

**_mobcdi_**

Not really because my setup was a clean AC8 install not an upgrade. I would suggest installing the audio adaptors at the start as the installer has to be run again to install and configure the adaptors if you decide to add them later and this involves re-installing AC8 again which seems strange to me but wasn't too bad as installer picked up the fact I had edited some of the language files and kept the changes plus picked up the config settings to connect to the db and ldap

#12 2011-06-15 07:18:26

**_mobcdi_**

mobcdi wrote:

Thanks again Malik

Didn't think it was that easy.
I navigated to stunnel folder under the breeze installation folder and ran Maliks command
Got a prompt to say the service was installed
Started the service and confimed it was set to start automatically as local service

Good thing was the service runs in the original location so was able to pick up the SSL cert I had already configued

Incase its useful for others after upgrading to Connect8SP1 I had to reinstall stunnel as a service like before

Board footer